Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anybody gotten a licence yet ?

Options
  • 09-10-2009 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Well ??

Anybody even get the letter to pay for the licence, or get an idication that they have been approved and are ready to go...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭iwsf

nope:mad:
    i don't think that Anpost is ready to accept payments. Checked their website and found nothing about firearms licenses payments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

Gortglas wrote: »
    Well ??

Anybody even get the letter to pay for the licence, or get an idication that they have been approved and are ready to go...

I applied for my certs about three or four weeks back, today in the post i recieved four letters from my local super stating that my applications had been recieved, I was also given an application number to be used for future reference, this letter states that that my applications are being evaluated in line with the current firearms legislation which provide for a maximum of three months for this evaluation. It states that a decision will be normally communicated before 7th jan 2010.
    It then goes on to give details of the firearm and is signed of by the super.

I also had returned two certificates for safety courses that I had done, these I had supplied alongside photocopies of the 3 gunclubs im in and a copy of my deer cert, alongside explanatory letters stating why I needed these particular types of firearms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

And so it goes on and on and on and on and on and on....................................

...................... will it ever end?????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭meathshooter

clivej wrote: »
    And so it goes on and on and on and on and on and on....................................

...................... will it ever end?????????

thats the million dollar question

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

my mother txt me to say there,s 4 letters arrived this morning, ran home to check more bills,waiting nearly 6 weeks, back to stalking the postman:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

there will be a LOT of unlicenced firearms knocking about in a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

jwshooter wrote: »

Ah sure don't worry about it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

Thers a lot knocking about at the minute!:confused: limerick and cork and dublin have them up to their ears FFS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭JDBLASER

Got a letter today saying I would be given a decision about my renewal before 26/12/09.. All well and good but my licence extension is out on 31/10/09... Am I therefore going to have an unlicenced firearm in november? Heading to Scotland on Nov 15 to shoot... should be fun in the airport....

I have been informally told that I am ok, seems the delay is nothing to do with my locals.

• Advertisement

JDBLASER wrote: »
    Got a letter today saying I would be given a decision about my renewal before 26/12/09.. All well and good but my licence extension is out on 31/10/09... Am I therefore going to have an unlicenced firearm in november? Heading to Scotland on Nov 15 to shoot... should be fun in the airport....

id be looking for another extention letter J ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭IDon'tKnow!

id be looking for another extention letter J ,

Will they give out extention letters again, or are a lot of people going to have to hand there gun in for safe keeping till its sorted?

I guess the answer is no body knows.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Did i not read somewhere on here about lads already getting extensions of extensions or were they for licences not due till next year, as in they are not in the 31st October club.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Will they give out extention letters again, or are a lot of people going to have to hand there gun in for safe keeping till its sorted?

I guess the answer is no body knows.

there not getting mine !.

ezridax wrote: »
    Did i not read somewhere on here about lads already getting extensions of extensions or were they for licences not due till next year, as in they are not in the 31st October club.

there so incompetent that they might not even have thought of it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

ezridax wrote: »

I was told by a man at the midlands range that he had already got an extention to his extention leter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭JDBLASER

there not getting mine !.
    Nor mine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

clivej wrote: »
    I was told by a man at the midlands range that he had already got an extention to his extention leter

Unless I'm mistaken one or two people here got extensions to their extensions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Mr Flibble

johngalway wrote: »
    Unless I'm mistaken one or two people here got extensions to their extensions?

You're not mistaken. But the second letters were issued very soon after the first. Also received a third set of letters with an extension date earlier than the second.

Advertisement