Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

As Kerry Folk How Does the Bull Make you feel?

Options
  • 09-10-2009 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

O'Donoghue will be back as a back-bencher on Tuesday. Do you feel that is right? Would the people of Kerry South prefer to see a by-election?
    As an electorate do you feel embarassed about electing a guy that behaves this way?
    Is there no faith left in Kerry politicians or Fianna Fail politicans in Kerry with the previous alledged offences by the likes of Foley and Kiely.
    Will Jackie Healy Rae replace O Donoghue in his post?:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Biggest joke is the Healy-Rea gravy-train criticising another gravy-train passenger over his expenses. They're all taking us for a feckin' ride, only there's no sign of any gravy in our carriage.

If they're the best people that they can come up with in South Kerry, I think it's time for North Kerry to launch an invasion.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Tomthepost wrote: »
    O'Donoghue will be back as a back-bencher on Tuesday. Do you feel that is right? Would the people of Kerry South prefer to see a by-election?...

We can only speak for ourselves on here Tomthepost not "the people of Kerry South" as you put it. If you want a general answer, then make arrangements for such.
    As an electorate do you feel embarassed about electing a guy that behaves this way?...

Embarrassed? Behaving this way? If you would elaborate on what exactly you are asking us what you think we /"the electorate" (again, Tomthepost we can only speak for ourselves) may or may not be embarrssed about, then I will think about my feelings further and possible reply to you about them.
    ...Is there no faith left in Kerry politicians or Fianna Fail politicans in Kerry with the previous alledged offences by the likes of Foley and Kiely...

Why not ask the politicians themselves at their clinics whether they feel people down here have faith in them eh? People are going to have differing views depending on their political allegiance which would determine who they go to for advice etc. If you have specific politicians in mind, then I would suggest you ask them if their numbers of visiting constituents have declined in any way.

Which post are you referring to here? Please elaborate.

Many thanks Tomthepost for this little survey. It brightened up my lunch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

kerry4sam wrote: »
    We can only speak for ourselves on here Tomthepost not "the people of Kerry South" as you put it. If you want a general answer, then make arrangements for such.

The people of South Kerry that use this site is that so hard to understand

Embarrassed? Behaving this way? If you would elaborate on what exactly you are asking us what you think we /"the electorate" (again, Tomthepost we can only speak for ourselves) may or may not be embarrssed about, then I will think about my feelings further and possible reply to you about them.

Are people embarassed that they have been electing what has proved to be a corrupt politician for the last whatever many years

Why not ask the politicians themselves at their clinics whether they feel people down here have faith in them eh? People are going to have differing views depending on their political allegiance which would determine who they go to for advice etc. If you have specific politicians in mind, then I would suggest you ask them if their numbers of visiting constituents have declined in any way.

I don't give a fiddlers on what any politicans views are right now. They wouldn't give an honest answer anyway

Which post are you referring to here? Please elaborate.

ceann comhairle

Many thanks Tomthepost for this little survey. It brightened up my lunch :)

You should consider the auld politics yourself considering you answer every question with a question

He'll still get elected the next time round, because his South-Kerry subjects won't be swayed by the goings on in the big city. It'll be a question of "How dare those nasty people treat our man like that?" They'll canonise him, if they haven't already done so.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

O'Donoghue will be back as a back-bencher on Tuesday. Do you feel that is right? Would the people of Kerry South prefer to see a by-election?
    As an electorate do you feel embarassed about electing a guy that behaves this way?
    Is there no faith left in Kerry politicians or Fianna Fail politicans in Kerry with the previous alledged offences by the likes of Foley and Kiely.
    You should consider the auld politics yourself considering you answer every question with a question
    There was plenty of questions in your own first post :P

=-=

Meh. Bring down all teh TD's saleries, and we'll see how the expenses look then. Before someone says "we'll lose the best people", I'll say "they haven't gotten into the Dail yet" :P :D

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    There was plenty of questions in your own first post :P

=-=

Meh. Bring down all teh TD's saleries, and we'll see how the expenses look then. Before someone says "we'll lose the best people", I'll say "they haven't gotten into the Dail yet" :P :D

That is the whole idea of an OP!

I completely agree with your second point.

They should get no more then 50k per year with vouched expenses assessed on a regular basis.
    Dail Eireann isn't exactly packed with the Intellects of the Island

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

I dont care where the f)(k he is from, he is just a corrupt fat bastid like all of FF.

He can go and get his limo from the dail back to kerry now and suck up his hefty pension the little pr>k.

right?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

And rap it up...

The entire irish government is a joke..end of..time for a reform of the whole set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I do not feel embarrassed, I have never voted for FF (Or Healy-Rae) in my life. From what I can gather though, the older people in Kerry are largely pro-FF, and they tend to have higher voter turnouts than us younger (pre-30) folks.

Jackie Healy Rae is unlikely to replace JOD in any post. He is an independent and is retiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

oeb wrote: »
    Jackie Healy Rae is unlikely to replace JOD in any post. He is an independent and is retiring.
    Hes also 1000 years old..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Hes also 1000 years old..

Maybe he is a Lich ... explains alot really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

O'Donoghue is not a corrupt politician. just because he had high expenses does not make him corrupt. All his expenses were approved. While he may not have been corrupt, he was stupid. I mean charging a $565 tip for a limo driver to your expenses is ridiculous.

I think he should be made repay his extravgent expenses, like the way the UK MP's are having to do now.

In fact if ALL of the politicians had to repay over-the-top expenses we might have enough to avoid a tax-hike in the next budget :-)

Greed, milking the system, delusions of grandeur, addicted to money and power. He also could not see that he had done anything wrong, in the same way that many alcoholics deny that they have a drink problem. It may not have been legally wrong, but was certainly morally wrong, and this man shouldn't be representing anyone.

Ireland's full of these people, from all political persuasions, and needs a big cleanout.

dmeehan wrote: »
    O'Donoghue is not a corrupt politician. just because he had high expenses does not make him corrupt. All his expenses were approved. While he may not have been corrupt, he was stupid. I mean charging a $565 tip for a limo driver to your expenses is ridiculous.

I think he should be made repay his extravgent expenses, like the way the UK MP's are having to do now.

In fact if ALL of the politicians had to repay over-the-top expenses we might have enough to avoid a tax-hike in the next budget :-)

Having a dog chauffeur driven down to Kerry from Dublin at tax payers expense I would consider corrupt.
    Any man that isn't on top of everything that happens in his office is unworthy of hold a post in public representation. The pathetic 'im a victim speech' was simply that 'pathetic'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

dmeehan wrote: »

Ah come off it, not corrupt? He blew over half a million of our money in 5 years, a lot of it on needless luxuries, such as limos, flights to rugby matches, etc. Having a system of unvouched expenses is corrupt in itself. He carelessly and needlessly threw away money, he is a disgrace. And nothing less. Yet he'll still get re-elected by the old biddy FF rose-tinted spectacle wearing brigade. :rolleyes:

grenache wrote: »
    Ah come off it, not corrupt? He blew over half a million of our money in 5 years, a lot of it on needless luxuries, such as limos, flights to rugby matches, etc. Having a system of unvouched expenses is corrupt in itself. He carelessly and needlessly threw away money, he is a disgrace. And nothing less. Yet he'll still get re-elected by the old biddy FF rose-tinted spectacle wearing brigade. :rolleyes:

If FF had any creditability he would not even be given a nomination. But we have seen this with Lowry and Cooper Flynn and they still get elected.
    As a person from the North Kerry constituency I would not vote for someone that collects murderers from prison or someone with Ansbacher accounts unfortunately plenty of people have and will unfortunately probably continue to in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

baubl wrote: »
    we have all changed alot in the last year,
    every home has some family member or members out of work this bad winter, hanging around the house, no money, no life, no future, bills mounting, losing homes, losing hope. all because of fat cats,
    suicide on the increase in every age group
    we will all be voting differently next time around,

wow, that is one sweeping generalisation there baubl ... what proof do you have to back your statements up?
    - proof that: suicide on the increase in every age-group?
    - we will all be voting differently next time around?

Seriously, families have similarities now, that perhaps maybe never had before, but lets not speak for everyone uummh, okay?? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

kerry4sam wrote: »
    wow, that is one sweeping generalisation there baubl ... what proof do you have to back your statements up?
    - proof that: suicide on the increase in every age-group?
    - we will all be voting differently next time around?

Seriously, families have similarities now, that perhaps maybe never had before, but lets not speak for everyone uummh, okay?? Thanks.

+1

Advertisement