Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Igloo dog kennels

Options
  • 09-10-2009 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭

Any ideas where to buy these? (at a decent price)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Thanks Jen,
    I see this one but I was looking to pick up one this weekend. As my lad destroyed his wooden on today.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Where are you from? Someone might know of a stockist in your area:)

And what kind of dog do you have that he destroyed his kennel :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

I am in Dublin Jen,

His a lurcher who thinks the kennel is a trampoline:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 jimmyn

You can get em online here too: http://www.pet-bliss.ie/acatalog/Dog_Kennels.html

My Golden recently did some... shall we say "Architectural Modifications" to his wooden kennel. Which left me sawing and hammering new heavy timber floorboards into the bottom of his kennel, and planing off the edges so he couldn't get a grip with his teeth. He hasn't pulled the new floor up yet, although he's trying his damnednest.

Peter Moxon states in his Field Trials book that it's surprising how much carpentry work is involved in keeping gundogs. I see what he means :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Just a tip if buying the igloo kennel, get one that's one size up at least from the recommended size for the breed. Although it's good to have a kennel not too large so it will hold in heat I find with these they need to be one size bigger at least. If possible though do get one with a flap on it but if the dog's a chewer might not be a good idea for the flap.

Advertisement