Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat and neighbours food

Options
  • 09-10-2009 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, you may remember my previous thread and if you do, not to worry I'm on medication now and the cat and I are getting along like best mates. My OH thinks she may be IN love with me. So that's going well.

She usually likes to go out and straight into our neighbour's house, where they have 2 boy cats, whose food she keeps eating. She has a delicate tummy so we sometimes have to clean up for her greedy eating. The neighbour calls her 'the hoover'.

Other than the obvious "don't let her out when the neighbour has food out" is there any particular way to stop this. We feed her regularly and plenty, she loves the food we give her and it costs a lot (for her tummy)...

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Not sure you can really stop your cat eating the food if it's there.
    Might you be able to ask your neighbour if they'd mind hooshing her out or taking the food up if they see her eating it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Aw glad to hear you and the cat are bezzie mates. I remember your thread from a few months back and i seriously thought the cat was outta there ;)

+1 for what Starpants said, theres not alot else you can do really!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Thanks guys, I have spoken to her and she is making an effort to not let our cat get food.

The poor little thing is a bit sick ATM so I've been up to her bedroom (Seriously, she has her own bedroom) on the hour to check up on her. She did the same for me not so long ago... which was weird. I call her Nurse Catchett. She's on the mend though! Scratching at the door at 5a.m. to be fed is a good sign!

We've totally hit it off now, had her nearly a year and we get on great. I can't imagine watching TV, playing guitar or xbox without her sitting on my lap making things very difficult and me grumbling and complaining that my arm is gone dead after another marathon brussing/petting session.

I've never had a pet before, never realised how much personality, love and weirdness they possess! :) MUST get a pic of her up!

r

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

So guys next up, what do I get her for her one year in the house birthday. I'd like to do something nice or fun for her. A new toy or a foody treat.

Does anyone do this or am I a bit mental? Either way Hallow'een is her 'birthday' appopriately for a black (evil) cat :)

Advertisement