Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just how deluded is Bertie ?

Options
  • 09-10-2009 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭

Aside from the obvious tendency that anyone would have in showing themselves in "the best light possible", is it possible that Bertie isn't a "bollox" (as Bosco called him on Gift Grub) but is instead completely deluded ?

I mean, it seems that there's lots of bull**** in the book, based on reports and comments.

But how the hell can someone who claims that he "can't remember" hugely significant things write a memoir/autobiography ?

I'd say the editor had a nightmare! I mean, if Mahon is anything to go by, Bertie must have given him 5 completely contradictory versions of each paragraph!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

As said to some degree in another thread, Bertie has a convenient selective memory.
    Anyone that takes his PR spin book as total reality, needs to be hit over the head with it and told to kop on!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Well said, to see the smirking prick promoting his book, the little schoolboy face on him you would swear butter wouldnt melt in his mouth.

His book should be pulped and fed to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,041 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I watched him yesterday. He is so damn smug looking. And the hands in the pockets, is so the gouger. He always does it. He looks like a typical bowsy out and about. He said he would give an honset account. The chap doesn't understand the meaning of the word.

What Bertie is seeming to forget (there's a surprise!) is that other TDs too will write their life stories to some degree.
    It will be fun to spot all the irregularities between his spin on things and memory loss - and what others will remember and give more details on!

Should be fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Weird! Matt Cooper's promo was just on, and he mentioned Bertie's book and said "We ask if he has lost touch with reality"!!!!

I reckon I'll hold off buying it until the 2nd Edition, though; the version that has the added chapter about the Mahon Tribunal's findings.....

• Advertisement

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Weird! Matt Cooper's promo was just on, and he mentioned Bertie's book and said "We ask if he has lost touch with reality"!!!!

I reckon I'll hold off buying it until the 2nd Edition, though; the version that has the added chapter about the Mahon Tribunal's findings.....

I'd hold off and wait for the third version. The ghost-director/writer un-edited cut!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

He's on The Late Late with Tubridy tonight promoting the book. The same Tubridy who is from a staunch Fianna Fail background, so expect it to be a right little lovefest. Bertie clearly has his own version of what happened in this country over the last decade, that his version often contradicts reality means he's either a) completely deluded b) a total liar or c) a bit of both. I reckon option c myself.

aidan24326 wrote: »
    He's on The Late Late with Tubridy tonight promoting the book.

Saw that alright.

There's a small chance that Tubridy might learn from the interview with the current Taoiseach and actually be a little better this time around.

I hope Bertie pays for his own make-up, though!!!

...I hope Bertie pays for his own make-up, though!!!

...and Pollyfiller for the cracks in his memory!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Saw that alright.

There's a small chance that Tubridy might learn from the interview with the current Taoiseach and actually be a little better this time around.

I didn't see his interview with Cowen, but as I said in my other post Tubridy is a Fianna Fail man, so don't expect anything other than a bit of backslapping between himself and Bertie. There will be no awkward questions as such. Expect a couple of 'plants' in the audience aswell. That's how the Bertie operates, all spin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

There is a radio add running for The Sindo. Another "exclusive" interview with Bertie. The man myself is doing the voiceover. The last line....

"In two years time I will be 60, if ever I'm going to run for The Aras it will be then.

He is now existing in his own little parrallel universe - Planet Bertie. There is absolutely no chance of him getting anywhere near being the next President. His relationship with The Sunday Independent really is a wonder to behold.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

deadhead13 wrote: »
    There is absolutely no chance of him getting anywhere near being the next President.
    I really hope you're right!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Hermy wrote: »
    I really hope you're right!

I can't see the Mahon findings being anything but damning of Ahern. To what degree, we will have to wait and see. In 2 years time FF will be in opposition and I suspect in pretty bad shape. The last thing they will want is someone on their ticket whose campaign will be dogged by Mahon. I think they will go for a safe option, much like when they went for McAleese over Reynolds. Which would be poetic justice in a way. And then of course there is the contempt the majority of people now hold him in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

Saw that alright.

Hope Tubs opens with "Do you lie too much?"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Would people stop calling this b astard "Bertie" as if he's the family pet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick Bartholomew Ahern should be behind bars, long ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I had a look at his book today - there's loads of blank pages in it for some reason. ;)

Rebelheart wrote: »
    Would people stop calling this b astard "Bertie" as if he's the family pet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But Rebelheart - family pets crap all over the place and then walk away, leaving you to clean up the mess....

I think it's a perfect parallel!
    Rebelheart wrote: »
    Patrick Bartholomew Ahern should be behind bars, long ago.

You might not be far wrong; but the fact is that the Tribunals - set up by Ahern - don't have the power to do this........foresight or just dumb luck ? You decide.
    I had a look at his book today - there's loads of blank pages in it for some reason. ;)

Pages....or cheques ?

There's also a limited edition release of the book that comes bound in a brown envelope.

Anyways, back to the delusion - at his speech yesterday, he commented on the press & derided them for trying to "re-write" history. Surely that was the whole point of his book?!

There's also a limited edition release of the book that comes bound in a brown envelope.

Anyways, back to the delusion - at his speech yesterday, he commented on the press & derided them for trying to "re-write" history. Surely that was the whole point of his book?!

Sure he did that every visit to Mahon!

Sure he did that every visit to Mahon!

Bertie's nick-name for Mahon was "Pogue".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭dragonsgates

Class
    Biggins wrote: »
    I'd hold off and wait for the third version. The ghost-director/writer un-edited cut!

The fourth version will be better.

a posthumous investigation into the rights and wrongs of his execution

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

his ego is so big that he remembers events completely different to how they happened. They all do, pity the fools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭mega man

I think the people of Ireland should prepare themselves for the scenario of Bertie Ahearn becoming president.
    I mean its all well and good that people bad mouth him on boards.ie but its a possibilty the dumb Irish electorate will vote this monster into office.
    What should we do if worst comes to worst?
    We cannot stand by

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

He was on the RTE news this evening expressing his condolences re: Stephen Gately and all the time he had this ‘smirk’ on his face as though he doesn’t know how to be sincere – sick really! How the fcuk did he ever become Taoiseach?

juuge wrote: »
    How the fcuk did he ever become Taoiseach?
    Long story short - I suspect he partly knew where the skeletons were within the FF party and knew how to use them to his advantage.
    He had a great teacher in the name of Mr. Haughty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Bertie may not be deluded at all.

There are probably still a lot of people who would like to see him up the Aras.

This is not an endorsement, come the day of the revolution I'll pull the trigger on him myself.

dresden8 wrote: »
    There are probably still a lot of people who would like to see him take it up the Aras.

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

He was disgusting to watch on late late, as predicted Tubridy gave him a free ride.
    He tries to play the lovable honest hard working cheeky rogue role, the truth is hes a cunning , lying, cheating prick.
    The crowd were worse tbh.

Tubridy: "How did you feel at the tribunal every day"
    Bertie(with a bold cheeky smile): "Oh it was all a bit boring to tell the truth"
    Crowd laughs.

Sickening stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Bertie is not deluded so to speak. He is just a pure bollix that depends on the popularity of fianna failure and the media to push his book.

If there is one thing life has thought us is that its not that we dont know what he has done we will by human nature want to know more.

He is depending on the moraless nature of many that will buy this just as much as they buy mags on peter Andre and Katie Price. No doubt it will be serialised in the sun/News of the world in the next couple of weeks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

The little bollix is 4/1 with Paddy Power to be the next president! I guess I'll be taking my place on the grassy knoll with the rest of you - bags I have first shot. :D

Advertisement