Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just how deluded is Bertie ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

I wouldn't outlaw bonuses but I would make sure that salaries were fair and equitable (this is already happening btw !)

Seeing as they're being bailed out, what possible reason could there be for them getting a bonus (as opposed to a jail sentence) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 termcg

hallelujajordan can you provide any policy or strategy documents from before the crash which detail the governments plan to move employment from the construction industry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

No I don't; I think Mary Coughlan was wrong to allow Molloy a golden handshake and I think she ought to be removed from the position of Tanaiste. I believe there are many in FF who would share this view.

Then why aren't they making it happen ?

And where does this leave your opinion that - if the Government as a whole are in favour of NAMA, that that reflects their own views ?

Because "the Government as a whole" is obviously in favour of Coughlan as well.

But before you answer that, can you fill me in on the earlier question.....why - as someone so in favour of NAMA and au-fait with the political goings-on re the banks, etc, you weren't aware that the banks that we bailed out were raising their rates separately to the ECB rate ?

Also, just realised that this thread is going WAY off its original topic of our deluded ex-Taoiseach thinking everyone loves him, that he did nothing wrong, and that he's entitled to run for President*

* That last bit even being legally off-the-mark, considering his tax affairs

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Berti Vogts

On Ray Darcy Show at the moment, giving him a relatively good grilling considering it's Ray Darcy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bertie is on www.rte.ie/radio1

Jebus he reckons The Bull didn't like travelling about the place much. He hid it well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

Heard that fool Noel Ahern defending O'Donoghue on Newstalk this morning he actually had the cheek to say we were only copying the Uk by forcing out the chair . My god to come out publicly with such crap this man is as deluded if not more so than his triple jobbing bro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

I'm going to kick the radio with anger. "wh wh when I went back through me diary" (re the north). He couldn't find his f**kin Diary during the tribunals!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭RealityCheck

They love him in the North. We dont appreciate him as much here :rolleyes:. I think the word arrogant sums him up quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The comments in from listeners are great, some people have half a brain after all.

Ahern has just told the listeners off for having a moan!

• Advertisement

Basically saying those people are the angry unemployed. LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

The inner gurrier is about to come out.

Kenny has him rattled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

He is on another planet.

Amazing he only listens to people who get paid to give him advice ?
    Explains alot so !

As the interview wraps up i'd say either very deluded or a very ingrained persona he has.

Disapointed, Pat didn't really get the gloves off. He should have, at least, read more texts if he wasn't willing (or Permitted!) to put the boot in.

spadder wrote: »
    Disapointed, Pat didn't really get the gloves off. He should have, at least, read more texts if he wasn't willing (or Permitted!) to put the boot in.
    He's reading them out now. Great stuff.

Darsad wrote: »
    Amazing he only listens to people who get paid to give him advice ?
    Explains alot so !

Not all of them, remember ? He sits and wonders why some of them don't - er - do "something" :rolleyes:

I'm raging that I missed the Ray D'Arcy interview this morning, and can't wait until it's on the podcast to see if D'Arcy managed to do what Tubridy - and apparently Kenny - didn't.

And before the FF apologists suggest what that "something" is, the "something" is "ask a straight question and get a straight answer, with no trivialising or bull****".

Bertie due on Newstalk shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

before the recession, most people in ireland thought Bertie was a great man.
    if there were no recession, i'm sure most still would.

not that i ever thought he was, just pointing out the fact most did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Berti Vogts

Liam Byrne wrote: »

I'm raging that I missed the Ray D'Arcy interview this morning, and can't wait until it's on the podcast to see if D'Arcy managed to do what Tubridy - and apparently Kenny - didn't.

It was the same Bertie BS to be fair. D'Arcy did his best but isn't exactly Jeremy Paxman.

Eamon Keane giving him a bit of a grilling but the bluffer is still bluffing and spouting rubbish !! How can this man be allowed to prostitute his book around Ireland and UK bet his constituents are not too happy with his attendance since resigning sorry been booted out of the top job !!
    I heard that he didnt really want to bring out the book just now with all the negativity but had to get it on the shelves before Mahon releases his report .
    He is an amazing liar would love to see him take a polygraph

Yeah, Eamon has Bertie under pressure, the s-s-s-stutter is back!

He is being given a decent questioning.

He's not being allowed to dodge questions here like he did on the late late show. Tubridy take note on how to interview someone,

Des Pealo is described as professional accountant, he should have said personal confidant.

Fair play to Eamon! great interveiw

Hopefully Eamon will put the public texts to him before he leaves but I doubt it

Martyr wrote: »
    before the recession, most people in ireland thought Bertie was a great man.
    if there were no recession, i'm sure most still would.

not that i ever thought he was, just pointing out the fact most did.

Well it didn't include me, either, so that's 2 of us that spotted that his "political brilliance" involved avoiding straight questions and sitting back while things happened, while taking responsibility for only those things that went right.

Don't know who the "most" were......but they've a lot to answer for!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Darsad wrote: »
    He is an amazing liar would love to see him take a polygraph
    He'd pass it with flying colours. The whole point of delusion is that one is deluded. After years of spinning, I have little doubt but that Bertie believes his own bumpf.

Advertisement