Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft Windows

• 09-10-2009 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

They have appointed a company to monitor and INVADE your computer to
    1.turn your screen black
    2 make you wait to get into programmes
    3 give you threatening messages
    4 take away your rights to usage of your computer in privacy.
    All of this because they decide whether you have got pirate copies of their software e.g. Windows XP Professional.

I was targeted, have never loaded any software onto my computer. It went on for weeks, I had work done by HP who did not respond to my desperation.
    They invaded my computer and took over my mouse operation to LOOK into my computer. THIS IS WHAT WE NEED EUROPE FOR - to protect our rights.

I told them that they could send me an email as this is legal tender but their obstructive methods were completely unacceptable.

I am considering a report to the European Commission Ombudsman.
    Skirish:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Ubuntu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

Ubuntu.

Very helpful, well done.

I severly doubt the OP was caused by, or initiated by, Microsoft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭Dartz

WGA is exactly why I switched.

Running the same OEM copy on the same laptop it came with, it kept failing and getting snitty about activation. Call Microsoft, but that only fixed it for a few days....

Stuff like this really puts off genuine customers. And it doesn't stop pirates.

Pirating a 'certain expensive software package'... all it took to get trouble free lifetime operation was to install it, and copy a single cracked .dll into place. Reinstall.... okay, it just works. I don't have to ring up [certain software manufacturer] and reactivate.

I mean, where's the incentive to pay, if it's 'easier' to use an unpaid for product. Shouldn't it sort of be the other way around?

Kaspersky Internet Security is brilliant for it. I've reinstalled several times on different OS' and the like and it's never caused a problem.

That's why I like Linux. If it breaks, just reinstall it. Don't worry about activation or anti-piracy. It's not quite as 'professional' as Windows or other paid for OS', but it does some things I really like, and is a little more convenient to install/reinstall. I feel safer not having the anti-piracy axe dangling over my data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Why are you blaming Microsoft for HP's problem?
    HP repaired your computer and now its not working? Send it back to them or demand your money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 skirish

you obviously did not read my comment very well.
    It is Microsoft who have invaded my computer not HP.
    Yes, Hp are to blame for loading the software.

I would give my eyeteeth to get Linux especially since my Hero, Shuttleworth of Thawte Fame, and Here Be Dragons, look him up, (Sold his company for billions and then was the first public passenger on a flight into space) Since he has so much money he works at giving people the chance to free software.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

skirish wrote: »
    They invaded my computer and took over my mouse operation to LOOK into my computer.
    First read the EULA that was agreed to when you got the computer and during several software patches. Remember it's software so you have very few rights to begin with.

Mouse moving does not imply Microsoft are snooping on you !

Next no one needs to move your mouse to see what you have on your PC.
    No one needs to move your mouse to capture your keyboard, microphone, video camera.

Mice can move by themselvers, if they have dodgy drivers ( Logitec EmExec ). if they have a didgy connection or chip. A fully functioning optical mouse may wobble a bit depending on the surface. And laptop touchpads can be a real PITA when you bump into it ( I'm forever clicking on things by accident)

An unpatched / unprotected XP system can be zombied in 8 seconds.
    And yes there are sneaky terms and condidions on the updates on service packs , not that anyone bothers to read them.

Considering the liable laws in this country , it woud be better to give some evidence or state that it is just your opinion that M$ have targeted you in a manner that would if proven could cost them dearly.

BTW
    Concurrent CPM could have wiped Dos / Microsoft back in the early 80's except they charged daft money AND had stuff like a 12 year clause in the license where the software would then expire regardless, - dodgy license policies are not a new thing nor microsoft specific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

you obviously did not read my comment very well.
    It is Microsoft who have invaded my computer not HP.
    Yes, Hp are to blame for loading the software.

They didn't invade your computer if HP installed it.
    I would give my eyeteeth to get Linux especially since my Hero, Shuttleworth of Thawte Fame, and Here Be Dragons, look him up, (Sold his company for billions and then was the first public passenger on a flight into space) Since he has so much money he works at giving people the chance to free software.

Surprised your not already using it then, its not that hard to get. :)

Advertisement