Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jacket Potato Fillings

Options
  • 09-10-2009 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

So I love jacket potatoes with bacon and cheese, or with tuna, mayo and cheese, but I'm wondering does anyone have any other suggestions that are a little more healthy!

I have tried the mince/shepherd's pie mix on top which was ok and I'm not a fan of tomatoes so they're out.

Any recipes welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭mumto3

heres some fillings i like,maybe you could mix and match?
    sweetcorn
    mushrooms
    chicken strips(with sweet chilli/garlic/fajita)
    mixed leaves with olive oil
    garlic butter
    sausages(especially garlic and basil!)
    beans
    rashers
    coleslaw
    onions

if you grill sausages,rashers,chicken before rather then fry,its quite healthy.i like beans and sausages cut up.also coleslaw and cut up rashers is nice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

mmm beans - I lash tobasco on top too.

What about taziki made with fat free fromage frais or yoghurt?
    Yoghurt based veg/chicken curry (since you don't like tomatoes)
    Grilled smoked bacon & mushrooms
    Cottage cheese - can get flavoured versions in M&S
    Chilli - could leave out the meat to make it less calorific and just have veg
    Make your own coleslaw with some light mayo & fat free fromage frais

Drat. I'm hungry now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Thanks Mumto3!

Yes that sounds great. I'm also after receipes for sauces too because a giant jacket potato can sometimes be a bit dry.

I have another one - soy & honey marinated chicken strips with the sauce poured over with carmalised onions. Oh yea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭netanyahu

Coleslaw is AMAZING on jacket potatoes. Yum.
    Philadelphia and mixed peppers, sweetcorn grated cheese (and maybe tuna if you dabble!). Deelishwah :D

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭myles79

my fav is sour cream with crispy bacon bits and chopped chives

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Coronation chicken baked potatoes - God's way of serving them.

Dice and cook a chicken fillet and leave it to cool slightly. Mix as much natural yoghurt as you want with as much curry powder as you want (I like mine really hot). Squeeze half a lemon and add the juice, then stir in the chicken. Dollop the whole lot onto a piping hot baked potato. Gorgeous!

If your yoghurt is very runny, thicken up the sauce a bit with a spoonful of creme fraiche, sour cream or mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Real butter, salt and pepper.
    Magic!

Advertisement