Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who deleted me post in the Christianity forum?

Options
  • 09-10-2009 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭

I'm not fcukin happy about this

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

john47832 wrote: »

Did you PM the Mods to ask?
    I'm not fcukin happy about this

Civility costs nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

First of all, you should try to calm down - saying things like "I'm not fcuking happy about this" isn't going to get you very far.

After that, try to send a PM to the mods of that forum - they will no doubt be able to answer your question, but be civil about it. An abusive or aggressive PM will quite possibly earn you a ban from the forum and maybe even the site. Give the mods a day to get the PM - they're not online all the time.

If you've not had any luck with the mods, you should come back here and we'll try to investigate further.

Dav

[edit]
    Beaten to it by Ruthie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Did you PM the Mods to ask?

Civility costs nothing.

WHATS THE POINT - if they dont agree with what you post then they delete or warning - deleting posts is akin to censorship

civility is derived from being treated civil in the first place

putting it mildly - its a joke

john47832 wrote: »
    WHATS THE POINT - if they dont agree with what you post then they delete or warning - deleting posts is akin to censorship

civility is derived from being treated civil in the first place

putting it mildly - its a joke

OK, if we're to investigate, we need to know what the thread was called (as Admins, we can access deleted threads).

Deleting posts is often necessary to protect the site from law suits and to protect the communities here from discussions that don't make a meaningful contribution or that will cause trouble.

Can you provide me with any details about the thread in question so that I might investigate?

Dav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

The post in question read:
    it may have been to preach, however I'm sure they had ADD back then too, so an auld miracle or 2 surely would have caught the attention somewhat more substantially

if he came again now then a crack for nagra 3 would suffice for my attention

It was reported by another user as being trolling. My own assessment as mod was that it wasn't trolling (so no yellow card or anything) but that it didn't make much sense in the context of a thread. It read like rubbish - 'crack for nagra 3' :confused:

If the poster wants to rephrase his post with a bit of punctuation and word it so we can actually understand what he's saying then I don't see that would be a problem.

Unfortunately he did subsequently earn himself a yellow card for breaching the forum Charter concerning swearing.

• Advertisement

Actually, I've had a look myself and found the post that was deleted.

Your suggestion that Jesus performing an act of piracy on modern day television signals would be miraculous to you doesn't really add much to the conversation, does it? Neither do you breaching the forum charter (and our site guidelines) by using foul language and demanding an answer for an act of moderation in the thread.

It is perfectly ok to question an act of moderation, but it drags things off-topic to do so on the thread, so it's best to send a PM.

So, I suggest you try to relax for a minute - the mods have not being uncivil to you - you have been disruptive to the Christianity Forum by posting what is, at best a whimsical answer to a serious discussion. I'm sure the mods would be willing to talk to you about it if you ask them politely. No one is going to want to respond to anything else.

Dav

[edit]
    PDN's post was awaiting in Moderation whislt I typed my own and I think answers things adequately. He's even said you're welcome to come back and make your point, just with a little more clarity. I don't think you can ask for fairer than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Dav wrote: »
    Actually, I've had a look myself and found the post that was deleted.

Your suggestion that Jesus performing an act of piracy on modern day television signals would be miraculous to you doesn't really add much to the conversation, does it? Neither do you breaching the forum charter (and our site guidelines) by using foul language and demanding an answer for an act of moderation in the thread.

I was giving an example on what I considered to be a "miracle" - humorous art worse - our own understaning or elaboration of the word or is hardly grounds for deletion - this has happened before where I received a warning from PDN for posting what he considered nonsense

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61918601&postcount=28

I then appealed against this warning and was ignored

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055670401

OK, I see your point, however, the mods don't appear to want that style of posting on the forum.

As for the previous issue you mentioned - you did get an answer - it just seems that you didn't like it, but I would consider the matter closed.

Advertisement