Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netgear ROUTER (MBR624GU) & Sierra Wireless Compass 888 Modem

Options
  • 09-10-2009 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

I got a USB modem upgrade from O2 the other day (Sierra Wireless Compass 888), I then purchased netgears 3G BROADBAND WIRELESS ROUTER (MBR624GU) as I'd like to fix my modem in a position where I get the best coverage in my house.

I only checked the netgear modem compatibility list after i bought the mode which was silly of me I know... and I now find that compass 888 is not listed, however 885 is listed as supported. Having looked online I can only see one difference in the two model i.e. Operating Frequency.

When I run through the installation wizard I see my ISP is not listed

I set the APN to : open.internet

It fails to make a connection to the internet. I've upgrade the firmware version to the latest from the netgear website but it still doesnt work.

The modem lights up with two blue light so it is getting power and signal.

Has anyone out there got the sierra Wireless Compass 888 modem working with netgears 3G BROADBAND WIRELESS ROUTER (MBR624GU)????

Advertisement