Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roads in Summerhill

Options
  • 09-10-2009 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭

This is not a moan thread, but a genuine question. What the hell is with the roads in Summerhill?

Every morning, I have the pleasure of bouncing my way through the town on the way to work, and even with the roads having recently been relayed coming into the town from Trim, it was barely dried and they had started digging the whole thing back up again. When the road works were finished, they left it in a dreadful state again. In the middle of the town there are bumps which are 6 inches high, immediately followed by crevasses 6 inches deep. I have actually seen people whacking their heads off their car roofs when they drive through the town at anything above 10mph.

Are the people of Summerhill being punished for something, or is this some new sort of unmarked, impossibleto see traffic calming measure?

I know the roads are crap in Meath generally, but Summerhill is a whole new level.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Totally agree. It's so bad there that it's kinda put me off buying (a house) in the place the road is that bad. I remember driving through it years ago thinking the roads were awful, I just can't believe they are as bad or even worse than all those years ago.

Doesn't make the place look very appealing either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Yeah it's been in bit for the last 3 years.
    Every month or so someone is digging up the road on the Kilcock side of the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

It is the worst stretch of road in a town/village, possibly anywhere, that I have ever seen. Unbelievable.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Rathmolyon was the same, but they've redone the whole road now, it's a pleasure to drive through!

Summerhill is an utter disgrace though, certainly isn't fun driving through it in an MX5 - I have to drive so slow through the village, I'd be quicker getting out and pushing it! I also love the way you've no idea where the road ends and the path starts. Tis a disaster, especially when driving off of the fine bit of road between there and Kilcock.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Suppose it's some perverse price we have to pay for the major improvement on the roads from Summerhill to Trim and Kilcock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

greendom wrote: »
    Suppose it's some perverse price we have to pay for the major improvement on the roads from Summerhill to Trim and Kilcock

I don't know why they always do this! Whenever they improve the roads in Meath, they stop short of the village or town, leaving it full of pot holes and bumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Ive heard the road through the village is to done in the next week or two. Can anyone confirm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

I saw signs "expect long delays" from next week. Not sure if this is the final push

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭campervan

I like to call it the 'Rollercoaster'! I'm afraid to look at my car rims, the other day I went through a humungous pothole and I let an unmerciful %**&%$£"" ***%$£""!!! I'm surprised the whole village didnt hear me from my car. I am going to divert through Agher when those delays start, I'd rather drive the long way round than having to wait

Aye the roadworks started today, thankfully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭teachertrixibel

Hi there,

Approx how long are the delays through Summerhill? I'm heading from Trim - Kilcock tomorrow approx 3pm and just wondering how long I can expect to sit in Summerhill at the roadworks?? Anyone have any ideas?

Thx
    Trix

I was through the village there on Thursday and there were 2 sets of traffic lights. I wasnt waiting long tbh. Only about 5 minutes or less

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭teachertrixibel

Thanks for that! That's not too bad :0)

Trix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

thank god the roads are done! its heaven to drive on now! yeay!!

Advertisement