Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metro Photo Competition Query

• 09-10-2009 2:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi there guys!

just been looking at the Metro Photo Competition entries and a large number of the ones displayed seem to break the rule of the competition!
    This is the rule I am referring to:
    2.To be considered for the prize the photo must have been taken in any city of your country of origin

Looking through the galleries I can see photos from Thailand, Bolivia etc and these are in the Irish section!
    in addition there are plenty of beeches and mounatains that are nowhere near cities!!! In todays metro they have an entry of Lake Titicaca!!!

Do you think they are just letting people enter what they want but will discount them from the judging process?
    Also wondering whether anybody here is (or has entered) entering a photo and whether they are sticking to that rule?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

tororosso wrote: »
    Hi there guys!

just been looking at the Metro Photo Competition entries and a large number of the ones displayed seem to break the rule of the competition!
    This is the rule I am referring to:
    2.To be considered for the prize the photo must have been taken in any city of your country of origin

Looking through the galleries I can see photos from Thailand, Bolivia etc and these are in the Irish section!
    in addition there are plenty of beeches and mounatains that are nowhere near cities!!! In todays metro they have an entry of Lake Titicaca!!!

Do you think they are just letting people enter what they want but will discount them from the judging process?
    Also wondering whether anybody here is (or has entered) entering a photo and whether they are sticking to that rule?!
    I entered (and got printed in the metro this week) and its was a photo of dublin, so i stuck to it anyhoo.i guess at the judging the rules hopefully may come into effect....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Ah but what if you're Bolivian living in Ireland ? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

Covey wrote: »
    Ah but what if you're Bolivian living in Ireland ? ;)

LOL well I still think it has to come from where you are entering from e.g a Bolivian living here would enter a photo from a city in Ireland (if he/she lives in Dublin shouldnt it be of Dublin etc?!!)

At least if its of a city in Bolivia thats a start:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

I'm a traveller, so the world is my oyster :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

I entered (and got printed in the metro this week) and its was a photo of dublin, so i stuck to it anyhoo.i guess at the judging the rules hopefully may come into effect....

Yeah I saw that photo the other day, it was a lovely one with slow exposure; Congratulations :) I'd say you grabbed a fair few Metros that day!
    Whether they stick to the rules for judging is one thing alright; its just strange seeing some of the entries so far considering the criteria :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement