Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ozzy Osbourne book signing tomorrow at Easons

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

just goes to show that Ozzy wasnt behind all these (rediculous IMHO) restrictions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Micil

7 years ago I won a radio competition (on Tom Dunne's show) to meet Ozzy at the Ozzfest in Punchestown. He cancelled that morning. He had played a gig the previous day so he was never really going to come to Ireland.
    Just now I have my own radio show, 'METAL MODULE' on www.dcufm.com

On Friday I spoke to the manager of Eason's and Ozzy's main security guy. I told them the situation but they said they couldn't help. On Saturday I went to Eason's and managed to speak to Tony Dennis (Ozzy's PA). He said that I should go to Hughes and Hughes and he would see what he could do.
    I had initially asked for an interview (yes, I was being a but cheeky) but Tony said that wouldn't happen. He did however arrange that I would get the last autograph and a photo. I also managed to get him to sign the Tribute sleeve.
    So after seven years I got to meet the bauld Oz.
    Anyway, if you guys are interested listen in to my show on Wednesdays at 8pm on www.dcufm.com

MIke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Micil wrote: »
    7 years ago I won a radio competition (on Tom Dunne's show) to meet Ozzy at the Ozzfest in Punchestown. He cancelled that morning. He had played a gig the previous day so he was never really going to come to Ireland.
    Just now I have my own radio show, 'METAL MODULE' on www.dcufm.com

On Friday I spoke to the manager of Eason's and Ozzy's main security guy. I told them the situation but they said they couldn't help. On Saturday I went to Eason's and managed to speak to Tony Dennis (Ozzy's PA). He said that I should go to Hughes and Hughes and he would see what he could do.
    I had initially asked for an interview (yes, I was being a but cheeky) but Tony said that wouldn't happen. He did however arrange that I would get the last autograph and a photo. I also managed to get him to sign the Tribute sleeve.
    So after seven years I got to meet the bauld Oz.
    Anyway, if you guys are interested listen in to my show on Wednesdays at 8pm on www.dcufm.com

MIke

Actually, I think I seen you .. wondered what was going on. He left as if the signing was over and that PA guy (blond guy from the Osbournes) brought him back out.

Louis was there also - met him afterwards wheeling a buggy and said a quick hello - seems a nice guy and think he's a DJ now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Micil

yeah, that was me. Spoke to Louis as well, seemed very nice. Ozzy seemed a bit dazed though. Think four hours of signing is a bit much for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Micil wrote: »
    yeah, that was me. Spoke to Louis as well, seemed very nice. Ozzy seemed a bit dazed though. Think four hours of signing is a bit much for him.

I got an autographed book about 20 minutes before you and he was dazed. He could barely muster response to people. It's not his fault and as I said I feel tickets should have been given out on fan forums instead of exhausting the guy like this.

Sharon is responsible for this and two signings was not on.

One thing I was surprised no one told Ozzy was that he should just sign 'Ozzy' instead of his full name. I would have much prefered an 'Ozzy' and a quick 'Hello, thanks for buying the book' rather than have him drain himself out writing 'Ozzy Osbourbe' in full 600 times over five hours while Mrs O shopped in Brown Thomas.

I know a lot say Ozzy would be no where now without Sharon and that may be but Sharon for sure would be no where without Ozzy. He's the talent and if not for him she would be managing some crap tribute bands playing Bingo halls.

If she was such a good manager where are her other signings?

• Advertisement
Advertisement