Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Bicycle (and a tricycle)

Options
  • 09-10-2009 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

As per title. I'm a broke student, far from home, looking for a free or pretty cheap bicycle.

Is anyone here able to help me out or point me in the direction of somewhere i could source a cheap bike in galway?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Adverts.ie should sort you out. Try the free section or the wanted sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

If adverts.ie doesn't work our for you it might be worth having a look in the Galway Advertiser. You never know, you might get one reasonably cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

An earlier thread with suggestions.
    Another here.
    Happy biking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

Try the railings at saint nicholas Church opp st. Pats school , have your pick just bring a bolt cutters or a con saw with a steel blade .
    Or is that called stealing :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

There's a place in Liosban called (I think) Nigels Cycles. He tends o be popular amongst enthuasiasts.

He may have some decent second hand bikes to fit the budget.

Don't forget to get lights ad a reflective vest (sometimes available in Aldi). And don't let your jacket/bag block your back light!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Perrin

Anyone know what the prices are like in nigels cycles?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 odonovanconor

I've a bike i want to get rid off. It could do with a good cleaning. But it's free if you want it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

Perrin wrote: »
    Anyone know what the prices are like in nigels cycles?

depends what you want to buy. Style, grade of bike etc. Its like buying a car or any other item there are many variants that effect price.

Best to go in and have a look.

I've a bike i want to get rid off. It could do with a good cleaning. But it's free if you want it.

Its definately goin for the right price anyway,add me to the queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 elcy86

I'll take that bike if Shane doesnt!! :)

• Advertisement

Seems like theres a queue forming might even escalate into a bidding war...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I'll double the asking price! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

i've sent you a PM odonovanconor.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

hey odonovanconor. still have that bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

I feel that this bike could have a price tag. This is what is called the market place!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭claireeney

i went looking for a bike myself a couple of months ago. thankfully my brother gave me his old one for nothing but i still had to get a seat, tyres etc. from what i seen bikes are gone fierce expensive! it must be a combination of people dumpin their cars due to recession/bad traffic/ no parking. anyways by the time i got the tyres, tubes, seat, new chain, lights, reflective gear i'd say id the price of a good bike spent. to make matters worse i hardly use the flippin thing cos the traffic is so scary! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Traffic in Galway isn't scary, just stay out of the roundabouts and its a lovely safe place to cycle around, touch wood.

I just ordered this today:

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_551221_langId_-1_categoryId_212377

Sound man in Halfords in Castlebar ordered it in for me over the phone even though they're not supposed to do that anymore, going to take the bus up and cycle it back down on Tuesday week, 41 miles :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭JJRocket

Sorry to hijack thread but im seeking a kids tricycle. Something thats in the garage for dumping, but you just havent got around to it yet! Its a prop for a Halloween costume! :confused:

JJRocket wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack thread but im seeking a kids tricycle. Something thats in the garage for dumping, but you just havent got around to it yet! Its a prop for a Halloween costume! :confused:

Jigsaw???:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

My first thought aswell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKFpFmQSeGs&feature=player_embedded

:p

See if you can buy one in Argos then return it when you're done before the 16 days expires.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    My first thought aswell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKFpFmQSeGs&feature=player_embedded

:p

See if you can buy one in Argos then return it when you're done before the 16 days expires.

that is classic!

Advertisement