Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2004 Mondeo - Wet Rear Floor

• 09-10-2009 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    the old fella's Mondeo has sprung a leak! The rear footwell is sopping wet after the recent rain. Tried Googling & there doesn't seem to be a whole out there on it. From what I have read I suspect the inner plastic membrane in behind the door panel has come away from the door.
    Has anyone come across this with their Mondeo?

(I had the exact issue with my own 5 Series & it turned out to be the memberane too)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭c4cat

Hi all,
    the old fella's Mondeo has sprung a leak! The rear footwell is sopping wet after the recent rain. Tried Googling & there doesn't seem to be a whole out there on it. From what I have read I suspect the inner plastic membrane in behind the door panel has come away from the door.
    Has anyone come across this with their Mondeo?

(I had the exact issue with my own 5 Series & it turned out to be the memberane too)

Hi its a common problem which I have had too, check your rear light clusters from inside the boot, the seals on the light clusters may have sprung a leak. remove the light clusters. clean the surfaces, get some silicon sealant spread liberally on the rubber seal and replace. easy job to do, just a matter of undoing a few bolts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Thanks but how would the water get from the rear tail light all the way to the rear floor well without gettin anywhere in between wet?
    I'll suss it out later though to rule it our.
    Thanks again.

Thanks but how would the water get from the rear tail light all the way to the rear floor well without gettin anywhere in between wet?
    Thanks again.

It soaks though the carpet lift up the carpet in the boot and you will see, the water can get to the front as well and forms a puddle at the footwell

Thanks again.

Have a look here
    http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=5716

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭paddy2008

My 04 mondeo is leaking around the seal on the back drivers side door,but never bothered looking into it yet:D, it also is leaving a puddle in the well!

• Advertisement

paddy2008 wrote: »
    My 04 mondeo is leaking around the seal on the back drivers side door,but never bothered looking into it yet:D, it also is leaving a puddle in the well!

You might be mistaken as to where the water comes in from, check your rear light clusters as the rubber seals on them give out after about 5 yrs. This prob did my head in cos I could not figure out where the water was coming in from until I found that it was soaking thro the carpet in the boot to the interior carpet and collecting in the footwell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Check the door seals as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I did a little experiment today. I opened the door, got a kettle of water & poured it on the outside of the window. The water started coming out between the inner door panel & the door.
    So I am fairly sure now it is the plastic membrane inside the door that has worked loose. I will seal it up tomorrow & report back the next time we have heavy rain.

Advertisement