Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Pot belly stove

Options
  • 09-10-2009 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hey Guys

Looking for a bit of advice here , house i bought has a pot bellied stove thing in tv room - it runs off oil, i dont use it as it eats it up according to estate agent.

Can anyone tell me what type of tradesman would i need to get to take it out - i want to put in a fireplace, granted he would have to open up chimney & also would it be viable to sell it second hand?

Thanks soo much - really dont have a clue! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

You would be far better off to replace it with a wood burning pot bellied stove as they can be about 75% efficient. Open fireplaces can actually have a negative efficiency as they draw more cold air into the house than they give off heat.

Advertisement