Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VODAFONE took my money without my permission

Options
  • 09-10-2009 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

hi people. a few times my girlfriend has asked for my credit card number so she could top up online. fair enough. but at the start of august , when we were out of the country vodafone charged my credit for 20euro credit which she did not ask for. when i noticed this on my bill i rang up about it and they asked for my card details so they could credit my card, but they still havent done this. this was at the beginning of august. ive rang them a numerous amount of times since and they still have not paid me back. what should i do now???? its not the 20 euro. its just that if i owed them 20 meuro they be on my back trying to get it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Id contact the "small claims court", dont tink this one excatly but i know there is an equivilant which relates to complaints against services. You deserve your 20 quid back, and to be reembursed for your phone calls.
    Principle above all else:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Davie89 wrote: »
    Id contact the "small claims court", dont tink this one excatly but i know there is an equivilant which relates to complaints against services. You deserve your 20 quid back, and to be reembursed for your phone calls.
    Principle above all else:D

Get a grip! You dont spend 15 euro to get back 20!

First thing to try is to chargeback the credit card.

Then if that doesnt work, keep at vodafone.

Or else, notify your credit card company and Vodafone that you do not consent so if it happens again they have no excuse - AND get the money of your girlfriend !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Did this money appear as credit on anyone's phone? Did your girlfriend set up something that automatically tops up when credit is low, by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

no, she didnt have anything else set up. also vodafone admitted it was their mistake!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

joeduggan wrote: »
    no, she didnt have anything else set up. also vodafone admitted it was their mistake!!!!

could you ask for that in writing ..... frame it and give us a copy (please)

• Advertisement

Get a grip! You dont spend 15 euro to get back 20!

First thing to try is to chargeback the credit card.

Then if that doesnt work, keep at vodafone.

Or else, notify your credit card company and Vodafone that you do not consent so if it happens again they have no excuse - AND get the money of your girlfriend !!!

maybe if you actually took the time to read the post properly youd see that its not the money is the issue, its the principal of the matter.
    Vodafone will drag it out as long as possible i would assume, as thats the pattern these big companies take, i doubt very much the original poster cares he was charged 20 euro, its the fact they took it without asking, a clear vialation of the law and his right to consumer privacy, which is a legal matter, and so SHOULD BE TAKEN UP IN A LEGAL COURT.(to teach vodafone a lesson)

maybe if you actually took the time to read the post properly youd see that its not the money is the issue, its the principal of the matter.
    Vodafone will drag it out as long as possible i would assume, as thats the pattern these big companies take, i doubt very much the original poster cares he was charged 20 euro, its the fact they took it without asking, a clear vialation of the law and his right to consumer privacy, which is a legal matter, and so SHOULD BE TAKEN UP IN A LEGAL COURT.(to teach vodafone a lesson)

I did read the post correctly first time. Your solution is time consuming and ultimately long winded. If you have nothing better to do than go on a crusade against vodafone or anyone else for €20, then go ahead, but spending €15 euro to get back twenty is plain stupid.

Did you ever hear of "boxing clever" or even tactics?

I did read the post correctly first time. Your solution is time consuming and ultimately long winded. If you have nothing better to do than go on a crusade against vodafone or anyone else for €20, then go ahead, but spending €15 euro to get back twenty is plain stupid.

Did you ever hear of "boxing clever" or even tactics?

Again your using the "money" as the forefront of your argument. Money is not the issue here, its the invasion of privacy and essentially taking without asking, if all of society where like you and refused to stand up to the "big companies" because it was "time consuming" and "long winded" then where would we be.

But you are entitled to your opinion

Again your using the "money" as the forefront of your argument. Money is not the issue here, its the invasion of privacy and essentially taking without asking, if all of society where like you and refused to stand up to the "big companies" because it was "time consuming" and "long winded" then where would we be.

But you are entitled to your opinion

This whole issue is about 20 euro. But now the OP is getting annoyed on the principle of the whole thing.

Vodafone would not be getting away with anything by the OP charging back the creditcard. They would just lose "what they are getting away with".

There you go, the principle is satisfied.

Tactics. Tactics Tactics.

This whole issue is about 20 euro. But now the OP is getting annoyed on the principle of the whole thing.

Vodafone would not be getting away with anything by the OP charging back the creditcard. They would just lose "what they are getting away with".

There you go, the principle is satisfied.

Tactics. Tactics Tactics.

Your obviously very firmly set on your means to get this 20 euro back for the original poster, however wrong you may be.
    The OP wasted more money on call charges to vodavone, and obviously time also, not that 3 or 4 euro will bother him im sure but it is the principle of the matter.
    you clearly dont comprehend the meaning of the word "principle" and are soley interested in getting the OP's money back. You gave your opinion on this matter and im sure he is very thankful for your input but the fact remains youve solved his money issues, not his own personal issues with the invasion of privacy.
    I tink you need to rethink your "tactics, tactics, tactics"

• Advertisement

I notice the first mention of principle is by you in post #2.

Now you are talking about invasion of privacy !

Er, me thinks its time to go....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Your obviously very firmly set on your means to get this 20 euro back for the original poster, however wrong you may be.
    The OP wasted more money on call charges to vodavone, and obviously time also, not that 3 or 4 euro will bother him im sure but it is the principle of the matter.
    you clearly dont comprehend the meaning of the word "principle" and are soley interested in getting the OP's money back. You gave your opinion on this matter and im sure he is very thankful for your input but the fact remains youve solved his money issues, not his own personal issues with the invasion of privacy.
    I tink you need to rethink your "tactics, tactics, tactics"

How does the small claims court solve the invasion of privacy?

Had you said a crusade through the high courts dragging Vodafone through mud and outing their invasion of privacy then I would kind of see your point. But taking someone through the small claims court doesn't out them at all. It wont get any media attention, the normal joe wont made aware of it and it does nothing other than personal satisfaction in a long winded system to get a result.

To add how many of those corporate companies go through the small claims system every day and shrug it off? Id say alot of them and they are probably at the point of not caring anymore.

The OP's last line in his original comment says he is not worried about the money its the fact they took it.

Again what I tink what the whole business of seeking higher advice on the matter i.e getting legal advice would be for personal satisfaction against vodafone. nobody ever said they wanted media attention and for vodafone to be splashed all over the news.

The basic fact is they took his money without asking, whether he wants to take it further or not is his own business.
    I tink weve outlined all his possible options by now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Again what I tink what the whole business of seeking higher advice on the matter i.e getting legal advice would be for personal satisfaction against vodafone. nobody ever said they wanted media attention and for vodafone to be splashed all over the news.

So wait what are you suggesting then? Small Claims court or something higher?

Small claims: Fill in forms pay €15 win/lose your money.

Higher: costs of legal fees for the €20 they took? Which Vodafone will most likely settle outside of court before it even get there but in the off chance you went to court and you lost for whatever reason you pay their fees hence costing a ton of money for €20.

It seems like you have a hidden agenda and you are not the OP.

So wait what are you suggesting then? Small Claims court or something higher?

Small claims: Fill in forms pay €15 win/lose your money.

Higher: costs of legal fees for the €20 they took? Which Vodafone will most likely settle outside of court before it even get there but in the off chance you went to court and you lost for whatever reason you pay their fees hence costing a ton of money for €20.

It seems like you have a hidden agenda and you are not the OP.

no im suggesting the small clains court, apoligies if my "something higher" suggested a solicotor etc. I am not well versed on legal terms to be honest.

I am simplly stating if money is not an issue, as stated by the OP and he wants some personal satisfaction to discourage the decision makers at vodafone from charging him like this again the prehaps the small claims court is an option (or their equivalent against services, im sure sure if there one or two distinct courts)

Hidden agenda?? youve lost me dere

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

It hasn't been confirmed yet if the OPs girlfriend actually entered into a recurring purchase and has it been confirmed if the OP actually received the credit ?

Advertisement