Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackrock Castle, Vampire's Ball

Options
  • 09-10-2009 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Join us for a night of Dark Decadence this Halloween, at the Blackrock Castle Vampire’s Ball!

Start with a buffet dinner at 7pm, enjoy some startling spectacle, then dance the night away! Our DJs of Love and Wonder like to play anything that can inspire spontaneous chair dancing - be it punk, disco, soul, alternative, new wave, sixties girl groups, electronica or good old rock and roll. Expect a few darker numbers too given the night that it is!

All profits from the night are being donated to the Irish Cancer Society, so we’ve found something really worthy for you to sink your teeth into!

Dance acts on the night will include performances from the Billy Barty Kids, No Frontiers, Rashenkoti Tribal Dance and Cork Swing Dance. More to be announced!

Tickets are available for €20 in Plugd Records, Washington St, Cork
    Or email corkboomboom@gmail.com / phone 085 712 3958

Manifest in your best dress and celebrate Halloween in style!

A Sophisticated Boom Boom Production

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

The Boom wrote: »
    All profits from the night are being donated to the Irish Cancer Society, so we’ve found something really worthy for you to sink your teeth into!
    ON this link
    http://www.citylocal.ie/cities/Cork/events/event/3351/
    it says
    All profits are being donated to Irish Blood Transfusion Service, appropriately! We've found a way to be good that we can really sink our teeth into!

Bit dodgy 2 links claiming donations to different charities.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I saw a flier for this alright. What exactly makes it a 'Vampire Ball'? The concept sounds good, but nothing in the post makes it sound any different from any other night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 The Boom

bleary wrote: »
    ON this link
    http://www.citylocal.ie/cities/Cork/events/event/3351/
    it says
    All profits are being donated to Irish Blood Transfusion Service, appropriately! We've found a way to be good that we can really sink our teeth into!

Bit dodgy 2 links claiming donations to different charities.

We had originally been planning on donating the profits to Irish Blood Transfusion, but they are actually not a registered charity and are government funded. So instead we are using the opportunity to raise awareness for Irish Blood Transfusion - we have info packs from them for the night - and the actual proceeds will be going to the Irish Cancer Society, which is still a blood related charity!

Faith wrote: »
    I saw a flier for this alright. What exactly makes it a 'Vampire Ball'? The concept sounds good, but nothing in the post makes it sound any different from any other night out.

It's a Vampire-themed Halloween party! We will all be dressed up as vampires, and the entertainment will be vampire / halloween related, but all kinds of fancy dress welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Dammit, I'm gigging that night. Otherwise I'd gladly be there ... especially as it's my birthday. Wish you all the best with it, sounds like a great night.

• Advertisement

Thanks alot, and happy birthday!!

Advertisement