Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

do you drive into a parking space or reverse into it

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

I would usually reverse into a space, except those angled ones on one way streets etc. Although i did once see a car reversed into one of those on a street. It must have been quite awkward to get into and I dont know where the driver was going to try to go when they got back Other than the wrong way up the street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

I would usually reverse into a the space, maybe drive-in with does angled spaces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭....

drive in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,276 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Why? They're dead handy to just reverse in to anyway.

Why oh Why oh Why do people reverse into ecehlon parking spaces?:confused:
    Have you ever noticed that its much more awkward to get our of them as you effectively have to drive out around the car on your left?
    Echelon spaces are designed to speed up parking in one-way carparks by allowing people to drive straight in and reverse straight out in one manoeuver.

If you reverse in then you are defeating the whole point. Also, if you find it easy to reverse in then you are probably driving the wrong way down that lane...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Anan1 wrote: »
    I seem to remember a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth recently when the RSA made a similar assumption regarding young male drivers. There are many good and many awful drivers to be found among both sexes, let's just leave it at that.

No, we can't leave it at that - along with a few other poster's on here, who made formal compaints to the BCC about that campaign, on the grounds of bias, amongst others, and had our complaints rejected on the grounds, that such (biased) statements were in fact entirely acceptable, than I'm afraid if it's good enough for the BCC, it's good enough for boards.ie.......ahem.

Anyhoo Mrs Galwaytt has asked me to point out that piston's don't know which way the car is moving - forwards or backwards - 'cos they just go up and down........:P

..old VW's, 911's and Scooby owners, excepted, of course.......:D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

blond45 wrote: »
    how brilliant is that. bloody mighty. can that be done in our lovely country.

No need to wait, for approx Eur 700 you can have it in a new Audi. Even better, it parks the car for you, you just sit there and let the car do the parking.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

ooops, nearly forgot: if driving IN was such a good idea.........why doesn't the computer do it that way........? (rhetorical, btw........)

Ode To The Motorist

Advertisement