Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science Hub Opening Hours

Options
  • 09-10-2009 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭

I looked all over the UCD site, couldnt find any opening hours at all.

So what time is open until in the evenings? And is it open on Saturdays (For locker access).

And one last thing, I saw swipe card things, can anyone swipe in or is this a completely baseless assumption?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

The opening hours are ridiculous!! I got out of training at seven the other day and the whole place was locked up! What's the point in having a locker if you can't use it!?

As for the swipes I have no idea to be honest...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭shanegj

its open till 10 but after 6 the only doors that are unlocked are the ones downstairs in the hub

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I done a part time course in UCD last year, every monday and wednesday we were in 6pm to 9.30pm and without fail we were locked in the chemistry block

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Most of the place locks up at around 8:30 (not all at once - it's done incrementally) - I don't know when the ground floor doors are locked - I think around 10:30

The swipe things are for staff apparently, which allows them to by-pass the locks after this time.

UCD is not a 24hr campus, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Ground floor (Entrance beside the shop, is locked at ten).

I arrived at pretty much ten on the dot (I had ran from the 10 bus stop!) and the guy who works up on the desk was just about to close the door over and he very reasonably let me in to grab my laptop :)

I think it's open till 10 during the week and till half 5 on a Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

no harm in checking with the services desk if needs must :)
    swipe cards rock ;)

Advertisement