Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

o.s. maps

• 09-10-2009 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

where can I get a list of the symbols
    found in ordanance maps and
    their meaning?? (i.e. place maps- 1:10560 maps)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

I was looking for a similar list for the new 1:2500 maps recently but couldn't get hold of one.

Is it a particular symbol you want to know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

If you get hold of an actual A0 size ordnance map, scale 1:2500 (25'), or 1:10560 (6'), you will find the symbols and their meenings at the bottom of the map just outside the map border.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 davele

I m presuming that the cross-hairs with a number beside are spot levels. pretty basic really but need to be sure.
    good tip uncle tom - ill try for a A0 map somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Yea, they sound like spot levels.
    They are usually at centres of road, etc.

Also, they are in feet in the 6' maps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭giardiniera

you're looking for a characteristic sheet, they dont sell them anymore but if you pop into the phoenix park or call map sales they should be able to send one out to you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement