Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greystones - The DSL options

• 09-10-2009 4:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭

Well I'm moving into a house in greystones in a few weeks and I took ownership of the preexisting telephone line yesterday.

After a fair bit of research into who could give me decent download speeds, and 1mb upload, I found that my options were pretty much digiweb and vodafone. ( I was interested in BT 24mb, but that seems to have dissappeared for new customers in greystones since the deal BT made with vodafone for broadband) Finally, I do not even consider eircom an option.

I was all ready to order with digiweb until I discovered the way their cap system works, it was 70gb in the previous 30 days, rolling. This did not suit me at all as I download and upload a huge amount of data for my work. And yes, real work, not filesharing!

In the end I went with vodafone and got 12meg down, 1meg up, and no download cap. I was surprised though at how helpful vodafone were, not what I was used to, the person I was dealing with seemed to know their stuff and be very helpful.....bizarre....

My reason for posting this is just to help anyone else wondering about DSL options in Greystones.

Note:

I did have one NIGTHMARE - getting my b****y account number for my new account from eircom was next to impossible. (vodafone needed this to move my line to them) I even rang comreg and they said eircom had no obligation to give it to me over the phone. In the end I got an eircom account manager for a company I used to work for to look it up for me...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I take it this is a business line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Must be, I only see 3 + 7mb on there website under residential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Where abouts in Greystones will you be based?

Advertisement