Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price of Valeting Crashing through the Floor

• 09-10-2009 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know about where the rest of you live but as I travels the counties of Ireland I am constantly seeing adverts for Car Valeting and obviously every tom dick and harry is doing it now including main dealers.

In Mallow you can have a FULL VALET - Wash,vac,wax,bug n' tar, seats/carpets/headliner shampooed, tyre walls etc etc for €65.

Long gone are the days when this was €150.

The same applies to Kerry, Limerick, Clare and most of Tipp. The prices are now all well below €80 for a Full Valet.

Shall somebody order the headstone for Crystal Clean right about now?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yep, same up here in the northeast, cheap car washes and cheap valeting everywhere! some places are better than others though.

for example you can get your car washed at a main toyota dealer for €5 but a giraffe could do a better job on a car!

whereas up the road for just €6 you can get a real proper wash and they even dry the car for you with a chamois cloth.

Then theres the valet options and tar removal prices that have just plummeted everywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭alo1587

I wonder if the valet for €65 is a good thorough job though?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

well the lads I've had look after me dropped to 75 down from 125 which isn't bad. thats the works though. no idea on basic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I saw valets advertised in the carpark of ASDA in South Wales for 12.50 pounds but only on a tuesday. They werent skimping on the job either saw a few very clean motors coming out of it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

What products are they using?
    To be honest a good valet will take a few hours (if not more) so for €65, don't expect high quality products!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Berty wrote: »
    I don't know about where the rest of you live but as I travels the counties of Ireland I am constantly seeing adverts for Car Valeting and obviously every tom dick and harry is doing it now including main dealers.

In Mallow you can have a FULL VALET - Wash,vac,wax,bug n' tar, seats/carpets/headliner shampooed, tyre walls etc etc for €65.

Long gone are the days when this was €150.

The same applies to Kerry, Limerick, Clare and most of Tipp. The prices are now all well below €80 for a Full Valet.

Shall somebody order the headstone for Crystal Clean right about now?

I can just picture a young lad with a power washer and a big dirty brush washing my cared for paintwork
    No thanks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

vectra wrote: »
    I can just picture a young lad with a power washer and a big dirty brush washing my cared for paintwork
    No thanks :rolleyes:

Do they even use brushes? Last I saw one but he was using a generic yellow sponge that looked ancient.. poor car owner probably had his audi destroyed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

your average joe couldnt care less about what products are used on there car once its cheap and looks clean
    but when the sun shines you'll see the actuall damage that has been caused by these cheap valets.

happy days more customers for me.
    you pay for what you get
    no true'r words

Advertisement