Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa's Grotto &......yes I know it's only October!!!

Options
  • 09-10-2009 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Hi all - as I mentioned in the title - I know it's only October. However I am on a local fundraising committee that are thinking about running a Santa's Grotto with a view to making a bit of money for the community....and we're trying to get our research done in time!!! We have Santa, a Santa Suit & even a grotto that we can use....and we might even get a few of us to dress up as elves. However, I am just wondering if anyone here has done this before? Have you any do's or don'ts? Do any of the toy shops allow you to return gifts if they are not given out? Or would we need to get people to book in advance and get the right number of toys? We really don't want to finish up being left with stuff, but equally we don't want Santa to run out :eek: We're also thinking of maybe organising some games etc to keep the kids entertained while they're waiting & maybe some tea/coffee (or maybe even some mulled wine for the non-drivers) & mince pies for the adults.

Mods - if you feel there is a better place for this, please move it....

Advertisement