Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trade offer - advice sought

• 09-10-2009 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭

Newbie to NFL Fantasy Football. Made a decent start am 3-1 so far. Was offered 1st trade today, any advice/obs be appreciated.

Offered:

Steven Jackson RB - Rams
    Andre Johnson WR - Texans

For:

Ahmad Bradshaw - Giants
    DeSean Jackson - Eagles

Yey or Ney??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

personally speaking i think deshaun jackson will have a bigger season at wideout than andre johnson

neither rb are going to get you many fantasy points but given how bad the rams are there more likely to have to go from the run whilst playing catchup

for me I wouldnt trade unless he swaps steven jackson for a better RB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Take it, Steven Jackson is in the top 5 rushers so far this season and he takes all the snaps at running back for the Rams. He'll put up more 100 yard games this year definitely. Bradshaw's part of a committee.

And Andre Johnson's basically money in the bank.

Definitely take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Jackson is roughly around the 20 mark of top scoring RB in Fantasy
    Bradshaw is down in the 30's

Johnson is the 4th best WR in Fantasy right now
    Jackson is the 7th best WR

So as far as point scoring in Fantasy goes the other guy is an IDIOT for offering you this trade and you should take it.

To add you can play the odds all season long on who will perform better between the two wideouts but the 10 places on the RBs is alot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I have to say I would not be gone on the trade. The Rams are so bad that will be playing from behind most of this year and that means less running and more passing. Steven Jackson hasn't had a great year to date, he is still doing alright.
    On the other side of the coin you have Bradshaw who is sharing the work with Jacobs. The Giants are playing well and that means more work for the RBs.

On the receivers, its much of a muchness but I'd like that trade better than the RB trade as DeSean Jackson has done well with Kolb but there is no guarantee that McNabb will continue to give him the same amount of looks whereas Andre Johnson is the no.1 receiver on his team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭jpjc05

Thanks for the replies.

I decided to accept the trade. When i first saw what was on offer I thought it was too good to be true and there had to be a catch somewhere. My only concern was that the Eagles and Giants will have more to play for than the Rams & Texans as the seasons goes on. But in fantasy football land its sometimes better to have the 'bigger fish from smaller ponds' who should be more reliable to score week in week out.

Sad enough to lose DeSean as he was a golden nugget of a find but loyalty gets you no where.

• Advertisement

Should have taken it haha Seems Giants are going to Bradshaw more than Jacobs. Already 21 yds and 2 TDs :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

Should have taken it haha Seems Giants are going to Bradshaw more than Jacobs. Already 21 yds and 2 TDs :D:D

Typical fantasy football stuff! Bradshaw's going crazy on the Raiders! I fully expect Steven Jackson to break his leg or something now!

Hynzie wrote: »
    Typical fantasy football stuff! Bradshaw's going crazy on the Raiders! I fully expect Steven Jackson to break his leg or something now!

I know right. Jackson has fumble already on the Vikes goal line haha :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭jpjc05

I got lucky. As I agreed to the Trade on a gameday it wont go through until Tuesday so Bradshaw racked up the points for me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

D3PO wrote: »
    personally speaking i think deshaun jackson will have a bigger season at wideout than andre johnson

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

you can't be serious? Jackson might have a few hugh plays but Johnson is just a legend, guaranteed to be either number 1 or 2 points wise among WRs at the end of the season

• Advertisement
Advertisement