Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD mount on wall

Options
  • 09-10-2009 7:00pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

have to mount a 10kg lcd onto a plasterboard wall.
    I know the pb is insulated - could be 30mm insulation (blue).
    I don't want to cut the pb away to get to the 4" block.

so -I have two options
    1: secure a rectangular piece of say 18mm pineboard to the 4" block thru the insluated pb with expansion bolts - and then screw the lcd bracket onto the pineboard.
    2: Use exp bolts to fix the lcd bracket flush with the pb thru to the 4" solid block.

any other ideas.
    am going towards number 1 !!
    k

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Payton

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Thanks otv,

I could list 10's of threads about mounting lcd's on pb walls - but the difference with mine is the pb is insulated backed pb.
    It's the 9mm pb with 30mm blue insulation on the back that I dabed onto the ext walls- which is a 4" block.

So, if I put a good 5" expansion bolt thru the pb, insulation and 3" into the block - will that work ??
    Or do the same for a piece of 18mm board and then screw the lcd bracket to that instead.

k

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Make some spacers out of a piece of steel pipe. the right dia to allow the expanding bolt to go through and the right length to allow the board to sit flush with the surrounding wall.
    You will probably have to cut them individually as dot and dash is a little uneven.

Thanks CJ

are you saying - a pipe flush with the painted wall - and just to the 4" block or the while way along to the back of the hole ??

if I am thinking right - it's to the block - same diameter as the bolt, to give the bolt a bit of support to the outside of the pb !!!

thx

K

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Yes, a spacer the same length as the distance from the block wall to the surface of the PB.
    Drill the PB out with a Forstner bit the same dia as the pipe.
    Measure the depth to solid block, cut spacer.
    Repeat ad neauseum .;)

• Advertisement

got it - super.

And I even have forstner bits :D

K

Advertisement