Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killeagh Gardens

Options
  • 09-10-2009 7:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone living, or know someone that's living, in Killeagh Gardens? Looking for feedback on the estate: noise, neighbours, community, etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Dog Fan

Hope this isn't too late for you.

Anyway, I have a few friends living there and never heard any complaints. However, they do need to buy their drinking water regularly.

The estate seems pretty nice, a few green areas, but one section which is basically a ghost estate. One problem for some residents is the old cork road. There can be speeding there, and you'll need to keep an eye on your kids if you have any.

I've never got reports from my friends of anti-social activity. But - as a new estate, most of the residents have moved there from outside the area, and I'm not sure how much of a sense of community there is in the estate.

for more info on the area go to www.killeagh-inch.org There's a page titled 'what's on' and that will list some of the organisations locally.

pm me if you want more info. Again, hope this isn't too late, but of some use.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Not at all, very useful information Dog Fan, thanks very much!

Why do they need to buy drinking water, is the water tainted, or the supply not working correctly? Water in east Cork is traditionally hard, but I'm well used to that, if that's the problem! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Dog Fan

Forgot this bit.

The houses are supposed to be very energy efficient. Solar panels, wood chip heaters, heat exchange for the air vents.

This all seems to be pretty good, but apparently some people have had trouble with the wood chip heaters, and have taken them out. The two families I know there have not had to do this, though.

Advertisement