Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mozzarella

Options
  • 09-10-2009 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭

Anybody know what is the best way to store fresh mozzarella? The one in the bag in water.

I bought some but I would the only person in my house to use it. So after I use it which way do I store it?

At the moment it's in the fridge in an airtight container in the water it came in.

Also how long does it last?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

um put it in a glass/bowl, dont let it dry out and cover top with plastic or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭thorpe

Save as much of the brine as you can and store it in the brine. I had some recently and it last for over a week in its original brine topped up by some small amount of my own home made stuff but make sure that the container is as air tight as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

agree with everything said before.

put it in the smallest container it will fit in (cup,bowl,tub,jar) so the brine covers it. Once it's covered with the brine, in the fridge, it's fine for a week. If you keep it to long it gets kinda fizzy (I sort of like it like that too!).

Advertisement