Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 09-10-2009 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

Right guys Im looking for some advice.

I bought my phone online back in August this year. A few weeks after I got it (over a month cos I didnt qualify for a replacement phone) it broke down and I had to send it in to be repaired. So I did that, understanding that the "5-8" working days was complete crap. So off I went and waited for my text to come. Which it did, 2 weeks later. Went in to collect it, the girl asks me to check and make sure its working. As soon as I took it out of the package I knew it wasnt my phone. So she checks the IMEI and confirms it is not my phone. Rings the repair company who are closed. Says to me, I'll call them in the morning and let you know whats happening. I had to call THEM a few days later as they hadnt contacted me. I was told my phone was missing and they were looking for it. At this stage I am really annoyed. Left it a few days and then call them last Saturday and was told I would get a call back in 5 mins. 2 and half hours later I have to call them back. To be told they have no idea whats happened and to call back on Monday and see what the story is. I call customer care to vent my frustration. Am told they can only do what I can. So I get a call from the store last Wednesday to say my phone will be back in today (friday) and they will call me when it gets there. I am waiting for a call, was in training all day so only got a chance to ring after 6 at which point the store is closed im assuming. So I ring customer care again to see what I can do, and they tell me to call the shop in the morning!!

So f**cking annoued right now. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do about this???????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Right guys Im looking for some advice.

I bought my phone online back in August this year. A few weeks after I got it (over a month cos I didnt qualify for a replacement phone) it broke down and I had to send it in to be repaired. So I did that, understanding that the "5-8" working days was complete crap. So off I went and waited for my text to come. Which it did, 2 weeks later. Went in to collect it, the girl asks me to check and make sure its working. As soon as I took it out of the package I knew it wasnt my phone. So she checks the IMEI and confirms it is not my phone. Rings the repair company who are closed. Says to me, I'll call them in the morning and let you know whats happening. I had to call THEM a few days later as they hadnt contacted me. I was told my phone was missing and they were looking for it. At this stage I am really annoyed. Left it a few days and then call them last Saturday and was told I would get a call back in 5 mins. 2 and half hours later I have to call them back. To be told they have no idea whats happened and to call back on Monday and see what the story is. I call customer care to vent my frustration. Am told they can only do what I can. So I get a call from the store last Wednesday to say my phone will be back in today (friday) and they will call me when it gets there. I am waiting for a call, was in training all day so only got a chance to ring after 6 at which point the store is closed im assuming. So I ring customer care again to see what I can do, and they tell me to call the shop in the morning!!

So f**cking annoued right now. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do about this???????
    legally you were entitled to a repair replacement or refund so they tried to repair and the excellent repair cowboys sent back the wrong phone so next would probably be a replacement? or you could try for a refund because of all the hassle you have had with these cowboys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Since they've lost your phone, and don't seem to be able to locate it, tell them to replace it with a new phone or give a full refund, right now (tomorrow, when you go in). Don't take no for an answer, and don't leave until you get what's rightfully yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

Went in to the store today. Spoke to another new guy who told me that they are going to replace my phone but cant do it till Monday as they need an area manager to sign off on it!!

So finally a resolution, but I still have to wait!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Went in to the store today. Spoke to another new guy who told me that they are going to replace my phone but cant do it till Monday as they need an area manager to sign off on it!!

So finally a resolution, but I still have to wait!!
    they may have changed their mind by the time you get into the store tomorrow! if they have then simply ask them to produce your original phone or you want a full refund on the price you paid for it!

Advertisement