Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swan Pic for C&C

• 09-10-2009 8:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

My first swan pic, taken in Tymon Park

3996232432_b41ee68c05.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Great Pic, there's a nice symmetry between his neck and the leading edge of his wing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Normal reaction is .... Yawn another Swan, but this is quite a good one.

The only suggestion I have would be that it needs more room on the left for the Swan to move into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Nice detail.

Just a thought - Given that you are framing the entire swan, I'd suggest that perhaps you have cropped too tight - when viewing wildlife images it can be nice to view the context of wildlife's environs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Ok taking those two points on board here we go

3996389122_5934da5aac.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Great shot,But a dirty swan :pac:

I assume this is a cygnet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 tonyoc_1

I'd say it's just leaving that ugly duckling phase, nice shot. What lens did you use?

Nikon D700
    300mm 2.8

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Much prefer the wider crop.

Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

is that the colour the swan was or did you underexpose? swans can be very difficult to expose for at times. I have some pics of swans that look like cardboard cutouts :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'd consider the second photo to be much better. Nice action shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭pippatee

Yeah ... second shot for me as well F.

Just a personal thing, but a more letterbox type crop, with the top 1/5 of the photo cropped maybe ...

and a weird one....maybe flip it so that the swan is moving from left to right,

Phil

3996353499_f7297f19bf.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭pippatee

Yep ... nice indeed...

P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I like the 1st one...would like a fraction more space just.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

IBT(melekalikimaka)L :p

Nice pic BTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

The last one for me Fergus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

I liked already the first version, but agreed with the too tight crop. But #3 definitely works the best for me.

Advertisement