Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film to Phone

• 09-10-2009 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

Just looking for some advice here, as i know someone on boards must have the answer :D

I bought a Samsung Tocco Lite (S5230) last week and an 8gb memory card. It says that it can play mp4 video format, but I have converted some videos to mp4 (dowloaded one of my own videos from youtube). I can hear the sound fine, but no picture.

Is there any software i can download in order to put youtube videos or dvds on it?? i already have dvd decrypting software on the computer. I presume the same software works for all the new Samsung touch screen phones.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Just looking for some advice here, as i know someone on boards must have the answer :D

I bought a Samsung Tocco Lite (S5230) last week and an 8gb memory card. It says that it can play mp4 video format, but I have converted some videos to mp4 (dowloaded one of my own videos from youtube). I can hear the sound fine, but no picture.

Is there any software i can download in order to put youtube videos or dvds on it?? i already have dvd decrypting software on the computer. I presume the same software works for all the new Samsung touch screen phones.

Cheers!

Mp4 is a file container that is used to store video and audio encoded using a certain codec, e.g. H.264. In order to ensure an mp4 file is compatible with your handset, you need to ensure it was encoded with a codec that is supported by your handset. While the H.264 codec is supported by the Tocco Lite, there are many different levels by which to define certain characteristics of a file encoded with this codec and not all of them will be supported by the Tocco Lite. Files using the H.264 codec can be found on YouTube as well as on Blu-ray. From looking at GSMArena and the Samsung website, I can't tell which levels of H.264 are supported, but I would assume the Tocco Lite only the lower levels; 1 - 3.1.

I recommend you download Media Info for your computer, as it allows you to check detailed information about your audio and video files, e.g. what codecs the file contains, what levels, if H.264, were used etc. Also, if you have any demo videos on your handset that you can transfer to your computer, you could check what the file was encoded with and mimic the settings when your try convert your own files.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

When you convert a movie, you also need to check that the resolution is supported by your particular handset, which I think needs the movie to be 340x240 pixels.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

cheers ill try that

Advertisement