Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis

Options
  • 09-10-2009 9:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so about 5-6 weeks ago I had emergency C-T, MRI and MRV scans which resulted in my being diagnosed as suffering from dual C.V.S.T. caused by chronic (un-noticed) mastoiditis.

I'm currently on Warfarin Therapy to dispatch the clots and thats all going very well, my INR levels have been very steady sine I was discharged last Friday.
    I'v had a radical mastoidectomy to remove the initial infection which has resulted in some hearing loss but I won't know how bad that really untill the 3rd of november when I have a follow up appointment and general clean out.

The C.V.S.T. symptoms I suffer from are "thunderclap" headaches, a slight weakness in my right arm, leg, very bad "headrushes" (I almost black out most of the time when I stand up!), papilledema (swelling of the optic disc) and, most annoyingly, temporary sixth palsy in my right eye, which combined with the papilledema is causing double vision.

I was wondering... Anybody know where I can get a proper eye patch? I'm currently using a plastic eye shield with a soft non-woven oval eye patch underneath which I have ti fix to my face with surgical tape and putting it mildly, it's not the most comfortable thing on the planet and the tape often loses it's grip and needs to be changed.

Using the patch eliminates the double vision and means I can walk around without falling over/bumping into stuff but I'd be a lot happier if I didn't have to peel the damned thing off my face every few hours/everytime I wanna wash my face etc.

Cheers for any input in advance, if this is the wrong forum feel free to move it.

So yeah, anybody know where I could buy a proper soft non-adhesive eyepatch?

Seán.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Nobody?

Advertisement