Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finglas pub shooting

Options
  • 09-10-2009 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

Man shot dead in the Drake Inn in Finglas. The victim had himself shot a man dead in The Rivermount pub a few years ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

when ... now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Sure they only re-opened the Drake a few weeks ago.

This is going to ruin its rep...even more.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭uprising

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Mad. I was on my way home from work and was going to stop at mollys to get some drink the same time this happened. Thankfully I went to charlestown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

kenon wrote: »
    Sure they only re-opened the Drake a few weeks ago.

This is going to ruin its rep...even more.

It's impossible to ruin it's rep even more.

Anyone that lives in Finglas knows it's a ****hole.

• Advertisement

Poccington wrote: »
    It's impossible to ruin it's rep even more.

Anyone that lives in Finglas knows it's a ****hole.

You dont need to live in Finglas to know the Drake is a shïthole. :)
    The thing that always struck me about the lounge in the Drake is the strong smell of wee.

There is rumours on another thread that it was actually the Shilling were it took place.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

You dont need to live in Finglas to know the Drake is a shïthole. :)
    The thing that always struck me about the lounge in the Drake is the strong smell of wee.

There is rumours on another thread that it was actually the Shilling were it took place.

it happened outside the drake alright (at least thats where the body is)

PCPhoto wrote: »
    it happened outside the drake alright (at least thats where the body is)

Thats a kind of eerie picture. Dont know why.

I was just talking tonight about how bad Finglas has gotten recently with the gang side of things.

Btw, did you take that picture?

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

yes - I took the pic (havent sent it out yet - as most of the papers were already printed by the time I took it)....will send it to the herald in the morning....if they are interested in it.

I work freelance so try to attend as many news events ....left my dinner on the table and went as soon as I seen the post ..... the Irish Times had a photographer there and there was an agency photographer there - so dunno if I get anything printed or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭uprising

yes - I took the pic (havent sent it out yet - as most of the papers were already printed by the time I took it)....will send it to the herald in the morning....if they are interested in it.

I work freelance so try to attend as many news events ....left my dinner on the table and went as soon as I seen the post ..... the Irish Times had a photographer there and there was an agency photographer there - so dunno if I get anything printed or not

Don't forget to give me a plug;), and a cut of the mooola, do you live in finglas?, plenty of photo opertunities, I'm a photographer myself, but that's not my thing, hopefully you'll get it published.

• Advertisement

uprising wrote: »
    Don't forget to give me a plug;), and a cut of the mooola, do you live in finglas?, plenty of photo opertunities, I'm a photographer myself, but that's not my thing, hopefully you'll get it published.

I live in Ranelagh ..... will get you a couple of pints if I get anything printed..... keep an eye out in the papers for "PCPhoto" ..... drop me a PM and I'll meet up with ya in the morning (will be back over to get the body being removed from the scene - it'll have to stay there overnight)

heres me at work :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQzBaB7kY6E

my 2 mins of fame :P

Which one were you? The one the scanger was about to start on till he got smacked?

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

Which one were you? The one the scanger was about to start on till he got smacked?

yup ..... the guy with the camera :P (grey tshirt)

That barrier came to your rescue. :D

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

i prefer to think of it as Instant Karma :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭gary nevillevil

ya just love putting that vid up don't ya?
    whats it the 4th, 5th or 6th time ya posted it?
    and don't gimme that same crap about - i work in , i was there, ira, big time crims, beside me, fours courts - and all that crap mate!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

That's brilliant! I wouldnt be surprised if he turned around and started shouting at the barrier. They would have been a lot more effective with a broadsheet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Fuking brilliant:D got what he deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

In fairness I'd love to see that camera man getting hit with the barrier, does anyone else get pisséd off walking by the 4 courts and two wánkstain cameramen snapping away at you for no fúcking reason?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Jay D wrote: »
    In fairness I'd love to see that camera man getting hit with the barrier, does anyone else get pisséd off walking by the 4 courts and two wánkstain cameramen snapping away at you for no fúcking reason?

Eh,I'm sure they wouldn't snapping at you unless your some drug lord or something

dubtom wrote: »
    Eh,I'm sure they wouldn't snapping at you unless your some drug lord or something

Well you've got an amazing albeit completely and totally unfounded imagination because I have walked by there plenty of times and experienced that shíte. Where exactly does your sureness come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Well you've got an amazing albeit completely and totally unfounded imagination because I have walked by there plenty of times and experienced that shíte. Where exactly does your sureness come from?

Where does my sureness come from? I'll have to think about that one.
    Seriously,why else would a photog stick a camera in your face 'plenty of times', unless you were known to them as either a crimbo or a personalty. I can understand taking a snap of a nobody,like me self,checking his settings or whatever,but plenty of times. Go on,admit it,your a famous criminal,I won't tell anyone.

Maybe you have a striking resemblance to John Gilligan... :D

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Was in the Drogheda Lodge (couple of doors up from the Drake) when the shots were fired. A lot of us just thought it was bangers going off so close to Halloween. He was right outside the front door of the Drake.

dubtom wrote: »
    Where does my sureness come from? I'll have to think about that one.
    Seriously,why else would a photog stick a camera in your face 'plenty of times', unless you were known to them as either a crimbo or a personalty. I can understand taking a snap of a nobody,like me self,checking his settings or whatever,but plenty of times. Go on,admit it,your a famous criminal,I won't tell anyone.

Well why not actually see for real and stop talking shíte ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Well why not actually see for real and stop talking shíte ;)

e-tough.gif

& Dubtom stop winding him up, he's actually taking you serious!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Is the pub shooting pretty much an Irish cultural thing or what?

It seems particularly common in Dublin although I have vague recollections of hearing of cases in Limerick and Cork ( although in the Cork case I think it may be a good couple of years back).

Don't think it's anywhere near as common an occurence in England, on the continent or in US, but that may because I don't keep up with the latest gangland trends worldwide.

Does anyone know if there is any other country in the world where a certain
    location such as a pub is the scene for a unusually high number of gangland hits?

Is this somehow related to the fact that in Ireland people tend to have a local? Would these gangland mobster types be better off (ie. live longer) if they varied their social plans?

Is the pub shooting pretty much an Irish cultural thing or what?

I think its because the person is going to be there for a while with loads of people there, one of whom probably sends an auld text to someone who will be interested in knowing where the person is. This makes it a decent opportunity.

For example, in this shooting, the person was shot outside. Which means the shooter was across the road waiting for him to come out and have a smoke.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

Youtube sleeper hit of the year!!!

Advertisement