Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mattress rip off

• 09-10-2009 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

In the last few days I went shopping for a new mattress and found one I liked in Harvey Normans in Cork,the price of the mattress was €795.00, was in two minds whether to purchase it or not,so I decided to leave it for the time being and have a think about it.
    Later that evening I decided to Google the same mattress that was for sale in Harvey Normans,on one of the sites I was getting and eventually got the same mattress from the UK delivered to my door WITH FREE SHIPPING FOR €384.00:eek: I really did want to buy from a company in Rep Ireland,but with this difference in price how could one.

RIP OFF IRELAND LIVES ON !!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

without been cheeky or offensive your first problem is that you went to harvey norman.

On the cheap I got my 3 bed house fittied out by bargaintown for the price of one sofa in harvey norman and everything in my house is still standing the test of time and three kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭LBD

without been cheeky or offensive your first problem is that you went to harvey norman.

On the cheap I got my 3 bed house fittied out by bargaintown for the price of one sofa in harvey norman and everything in my house is still standing the test of time and three kids.

Ye I have to agree....we ordered our bed from Harvey Norman and although its a gorgeous piece of furniture they sent us 3 different mattresses (and I don't just mean brand of mattress, first of all they sent us a single matress for our king size frame) before finaly delivering the correct one. It cost a small fortune too.....kicking ourselves we didn't do some research before buying ours...oh well!!

But it is just one example of rip-off Ireland, I think that's one title Ireland will struggle to shrug off in the near future!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

LBD wrote: »
    But it is just one example of rip-off Ireland, I think that's one title Ireland will struggle to shrug off in the near future!

As sure as eggs are eggs the Brits complain about Ripoff Britain, the French complain about France, the Germans about Germany, the Danes about Denmark etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Spudzz

parsi wrote: »
    As sure as eggs are eggs the Brits complain about Ripoff Britain, the French complain about France, the Germans about Germany, the Danes about Denmark etc etc.

You are probably correct in what you state.
    But it is still amazing and probably sad,that so much of us in the Rep Ireland have to order so many products online because of the price difference between us and the rest of Europe and the U.S.A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

Spudzz wrote: »
    In the last few days I went shopping for a new mattress and found one I liked in Harvey Normans in Cork,the price of the mattress was €795.00, was in two minds whether to purchase it or not,so I decided to leave it for the time being and have a think about it.
    Later that evening I decided to Google the same mattress that was for sale in Harvey Normans,on one of the sites I was getting and eventually got the same mattress from the UK delivered to my door WITH FREE SHIPPING FOR €384.00:eek: I really did want to buy from a company in Rep Ireland,but with this difference in price how could one.

RIP OFF IRELAND LIVES ON !!!!!

Can you share out the name of the website where you purchased the mattress thanks!

• Advertisement

tweety76 wrote: »
    Can you share out the name of the website where you purchased the mattress thanks!

This is the site http://www.mattressman.co.uk

Sorry all the link should be.

http://www.mattressman.co.uk

My appoliges again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Spudzz wrote: »
    You are probably correct in what you state.
    But it is still amazing and probably sad,that so much of us in the Rep Ireland have to order so many products online because of the price difference between us and the rest of Europe and the U.S.A.

Nah hes right, I live in the Netherlands and lots of stuff is Cheaper in Ireland.. Fuel being one !! 1.38 a Litre today at my local Shell :)

A local shop sells Kerrygold Butter for 3.78 a tub.

I can buy the same stuff in Germany for 1.10 tub.

Everywheres a ripoff for certain items.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I note that delivery isn't free to "Eire":

"Our delivery team covers the whole of the UK including Grampians and Highlands, Isle of Wight, Scottish Offshore, Northern Ireland and Dublin, Channel Isles, Isle of Man and Eire.

These areas are subject to a delivery charge please ring 0191 233 2203 for further details."

parsi wrote: »
    I note that delivery isn't free to "Eire":

"Our delivery team covers the whole of the UK including Grampians and Highlands, Isle of Wight, Scottish Offshore, Northern Ireland and Dublin, Channel Isles, Isle of Man and Eire.

These areas are subject to a delivery charge please ring 0191 233 2203 for further details."

Sorry all ,the link should be as follows.

http://www.mattressman.co.uk

Advertisement