Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVR Ntl Subscriptions

• 09-10-2009 10:31pm

Hi

Tonight i decided to watch movies i had taped on my UPC Dvr and when i selected one an error message came up saying that i cannot watch it as i am no longer subscribed to that channel, i had the movie channels for over a year and decided to end it because it was so repetitive.

This seems so unfair i payed for those chanels and now i can't watch the movies, is this right and can they do this?

Thanks for reading.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Yes thats right and thats how they are doing it. Unfortunately you cant do anything now.

Hi Coldfire,

Thanks for the reply. That sucks i have to say, will ring 2moro to see if i can get anywhere, such a shame they are the only service provider other than Sky, such a bad service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Thanks for the reply. That sucks i have to say, will ring 2moro to see if i can get anywhere, such a shame they are the only service provider other than Sky, such a bad service.
    I'm fairly certain that it's the same situation with Sky+, i.e. you can't watch programs you've recorded from channels you're no longer subscribed to.

Thanks Alun

I'll ring them later on when i've a bit more fight in me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 granbajo

I got the same error message even when I was still subscribed to the channel. Their service has been pretty poor around here recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Somewhat related question (don't want to start a new thread).

Does a UPC DVR box need to be hooked up to the cable in order to play back a recorded video?

In other words, can I record something on the box and then take the box to a friend's house and watch the recording there (he doesn't have UPC)????

Advertisement