Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor forced to have surgery :(

• 09-10-2009 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12118_5619662,00.html

New England Patriots running back Fred Taylor has been forced to have surgery on an ankle injury, but expects to be back in the NFL this season.

Taylor is the leading rusher in the Patriots' crowded backfield, with head coach Bill Belichick employing a four-man rotational system at running back so far this season.

Veteran Taylor signed with the Patriots after 11 season with the Jacksonville Jaguars, and had looked something like a lead back as he topped the rushing charts with 201 yards so far this season.

The 33-year-old broke out for 105 yards against the Atlanta Falcons, but a week later he limped out New England's victory over Baltimore with a high ankle sprain and then required surgery on damaged ligaments.

Taylor is not sure how long he will be out for but expects to return this season, and he is just disappointed at the timing of his latest setback.
    Stronger

"I'll know more once I meet again with the doctor," Taylor told The Florida Times-Union. "I will bounce back stronger. I know it. I've prayed on it."

"I had just started to feel comfortable with the coaching staff and the offense. I had just gotten to where I felt they trusted me.

"I needed to have that 100-yard game to prove they could trust me. That's the part that hurts most about the whole situation."

The Patriots will now go with the three men who have been sharing carries with Taylor this season - Sammy Morris, Laurence Maroney and Kevin Faulk - while BenJarvus Green-Ellis should also play after being inactive for three of the four games this season.

Taylor has been hampered by injuries his entire career, but he has still run for over 1,100 yards in seven of his 11 seasons in the NFL and is 15th in the all-time standings with 11,472 career yards.

Taylor misses out on New England's trip to unbeaten Denver on Sunday, but wide receiver Randymoss and linebacker Adalius Thomas should play after their absence from practice was said to be not through injury.

Bad news :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

As we talked about it on another thread. Hopefully Maroney stops bouncing around like tigger and Lawfirm gets a shot.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055699123&page=2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

ah right, didnt see any obvious places it would be and didnt think it would be in the Seau thread :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just on Maroney again, its like the guy is learning a new position really. I mean he was a running back behind a full back but we don't do that anymore. I've always thought the guy was so dangerous when he gets to the second level, its just that he needs a hard man to open that hole like Heath Evans was a couple of years ago. We don't have a full back on our roster.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Just on Maroney again, its like the guy is learning a new position really. I mean he was a running back behind a full back but we don't do that anymore. I've always thought the guy was so dangerous when he gets to the second level, its just that he needs a hard man to open that hole like Heath Evans was a couple of years ago. We don't have a full back on our roster.

As I said in the other thread. Tis why he is probably bouncing around so much. He doesnt fit the Patriots new system unfortunately and the day he proves me wrong I will stand corrected. I would like to see him do it but I dont know I suppose I will reserve total judgement on just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

As I said in the other thread. Tis why he is probably bouncing around so much. He doesnt fit the Patriots new system unfortunately and the day he proves me wrong I will stand corrected. I would like to see him do it but I dont know I suppose I will reserve total judgement on just yet.
    Yeah but why are we changing something that was so successful in 2007?

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah but why are we changing something that was so successful in 2007?

Who knows other than BB really. Im sure he has his reasons.

Advertisement