Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer Prices at oktoberfest?

Options
  • 09-10-2009 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Anyone any idea what kinda price range they are?

Sorry if I've posted in the wrong forum...:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

5 euro for a demi-litre, that's 500ml to you

A pint is 563ml so expensive

But feck it, it isn't in the IFSC all year around so head up, get a Frankenfuter and an Erdinringer and enjoy yourself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 COMEDYCORPSE

mikemac wrote: »
    5 euro for a demi-litre, that's 500ml to you

A pint is 563ml so expensive

But feck it, it isn't in the IFSC all year around so head up, get a Frankenfuter and an Erdinringer and enjoy yourself :)

Well still slightly cheaper than some places in town...:rolleyes:.

Cheers for the heads up!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Obviously, you will be ordering a maß unless you want your manliness to be questioned. Pronounced "Mass". They're the litre glasses. Don't forget that these have a line where the head should start, and the normal pints glasses in ireland that you always get don't. So, you'll be really getting the same as 2 pub draught pints in one of these glasses. OK, 10 euro a glass (5 euro a "pint") isn't exactly cheap, but worth it for the experience. Was there twice last year and it was a great buzz. The bavarian music is great beer drinking music

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

headed up there earlier tonight. Tenner in after ten :( so headed to the harbourmaster instead for 3 euro pints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

ceegee wrote: »
    headed up there earlier tonight. Tenner in after ten :( so headed to the harbourmaster instead for 3 euro pints

In fairness, no matter how good the bavarian music, I wouldn't pay a tenner in to buy pints for a fiver! That's shocking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

ceegee wrote: »

Had to head in due to all my mates being in there, queued for a hour and paid €10 which I wasn't too happy about but I wasn't gonna walk away after waiting so long!

Found out that you can get any food up to value of a tenner with the token they give you - you can even just buy a pretzel for €2.50 and get the rest back in change!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Marathon Man

Jev/N wrote: »
    Had to head in due to all my mates being in there, queued for a hour and paid €10 which I wasn't too happy about but I wasn't gonna walk away after waiting so long!

Found out that you can get any food up to value of a tenner with the token they give you - you can even just buy a pretzel for €2.50 and get the rest back in change!

Its probably a policy enacted to keep out the local skanger populace who would attempt to ruin such an event. They wouldn't be paying 10 squid in, but would turn up for free and steal, fight, and cause general annoyance. A good policy IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,151 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Heading down in a few hours, are some of the pubs doing oktoberfest as well, I heard the porter house was, anyone know of the bull & castle has anything on...?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Yep Bull & Castle has stuff on as well, dunno what specifically though

• Registered Users Posts: 28,151 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Cool I wanted an excuse to go down there, mmm steak and beer:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Is the Octoberfest on where the Christmas market was last year? And is it in stalls like that? The Christmas market was superb, but it only served Erdinger.

The opening hours of Octoberfest are as follows:

http://www.paulaner-oktoberfest.com/opening.htm

As for the €10 charge in, the Octoberfest website says this:

'In order to comply with Irish licensing laws, every person who is present at the Oktoberfest after 10pm is required to purchase a food voucher to the value of €10. The €10 voucher is redeemable against a selection of German cuisine. This voucher can be purchased from any bar at any time during opening hours'

What licensing laws are these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

well every time they have a event down at the docks.

they charge 5 euro for a giant hot dog.

2euro in germany ;)

Advertisement