Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom - Paying for 3meg connection, receiving Speed 960/96 (kbps), when it works.

• 09-10-2009 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hey,

My internet is acting awfully strange. The router has been flashing red all night. It has just started working, and now having checked the router address, its telling me my connection speed is 960/96 (kbps), rather than the 3megs I am paying for. Wireless is currently not working at all, its not displaying any signal whatsoever.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Jeebus wrote: »
    Hey,

My internet is acting awfully strange. The router has been flashing red all night. It has just started working, and now having checked the router address, its telling me my connection speed is 960/96 (kbps), rather than the 3megs I am paying for. Wireless is currently not working at all, its not displaying any signal whatsoever.

Can anyone help?

The wireless is not Eircoms problem you have to look after that yourself.

First things first can you connect by ethernet to your modem and tell us your line stats. Has your connection been working well before now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

dub45 wrote: »
    The wireless is not Eircoms problem you have to look after that yourself.

First things first can you connect by ethernet to your modem and tell us your line stats. Has your connection been working well before now?

Its been working fairly well up until today. One or two hiccups where the wireless would stop working, but otherwise fine.

How would I find out the line stats ? Sorry to be annoying, I'm just a bit beffudled !

Advertisement