Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin

• 10-10-2009 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I'm looking for things to do in Dublin. I'm Irish myself but I only go to Dublin for gigs and sports events, so it's usually train, taxi, event, taxi, train, home. I'd be able to find my way around but I've a friend from France coming over from the 17th to the 19th of October and I need a few suggestions for things to do. Maybe a day tour or something like that? I'm trying to impress her and I'm looking for something kind of fun to do during those days. I'd really appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks, Brian.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

you should try getting mugged, can be a great giggle if the person talks funny :pac: j/k

sight see, spire, Stephen's green, the zoo, phoenix park, croke park, the arcade on o' connell street, the mega 3D experience cinema (or something like that), Guinness factory, beach, river liffey tour, theater, Trinity College, The Dail, museums and shopping centers. and more :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭brianp20

robbie_998 wrote: »
    you should try getting mugged, can be a great giggle if the person talks funny :pac: j/k

Will the mugging cost me much and will I have to book in advance? I've heard some bad things about it but she does like it rough and I'd love a ride in an ambulance afterwards so maybe it's worth looking into!:)

Thanks for the other suggestions, I'd love to hear more things to do, maybe without the violence though!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭havana

Kilmainham goal is worth a visit in my opinion, and then over to the IMMA. Iveagh gardens are a lovely alternative to stephen's green. The zoo, or on a budget the poor man's zoo (walk around the perimeter catching glimpses of the animals through the fence :-) ). Stroll around the streets off grafton st- such as castle market. Haven't done it but believe the ghost tour is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭brianp20

Thanks Havana for the suggestions:)

Would you know if there is anything worthwhile doing On the Sunday night, or what are the best places to go to for a few drinks, possibly with an Irish theme?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭havana

I was surprised by how much i enjoyed the legends show in the arlington on lord edward st. I thought it would be a bit of tourist trap but was suprisingly good. Nice food and the band were great. I'm sure you'll get info if you google it- posting from phone so can't link to it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement