Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wicklow 200 - 13th June 2010

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭trentv

Also looking for an entry for the 200.

(just wondering if you buy the entry from someone do you have to ride under their name? or can it be transferred)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

trentv wrote: »
    (just wondering if you buy the entry from someone do you have to ride under their name? or can it be transferred)

You have to ride under their name. It's best to get a copy of their signature and practice so you can satisfy autograph requests on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

Can the details not be changed whe registering in the morning? if not anyone taking someone elses entry should make sure they put the correct info on the back of their number In Case of Emergency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭lescol

Can the details not be changed whe registering in the morning? if not anyone taking someone elses entry should make sure they put the correct info on the back of their number In Case of Emergency.

Found the entry on the W200 forum with instructions on how to get your name on the entry

steve
    Posted From: 92.251.249.29
    Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 12:04 am:
    got a transfer,can i change name to mine or do i cycle under original name on entry?
    Admin
    Posted From: 95.45.243.110
    Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 8:27 am:
    Steve, will you email the card details and your details to admin@wicklow200.ie
    You can collect card with your name at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

anyone taking someone elses entry should make sure they put the correct info on the back of their number In Case of Emergency.
    That's why they say that it's non-transferable - or one of the reasons anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

I hear there are 4,000 taking part at 40euro a pop
    thats 160,000 euro - hmmmm
    plus sponsors money
    ok they give u a jersey!?
    anyone else scratching their head?

Unless you are part of the organisation team of the event and trying to balance accounts, i don't see why you would scratch you head on such matters.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

911sc wrote: »
    Unless you are part of the organisation team of the event and trying to balance accounts, i don't see why you would scratch you head on such matters.:)

After last years terrible organisation/food stops plenty of people scratched their heads wondering wtf.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gimmeaminute

If anyone has a moment, I'm seeking some sartorial advice for the big day.

Vote here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

The weather from last night seemed to be indicating a northerly wind for the day. That wasn't the plan! What happened to a nice south/south westerly tailwind to carry tired bodies home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭mfdc

The weather from last night seemed to be indicating a northerly wind for the day. That wasn't the plan! What happened to a nice south/south westerly tailwind to carry tired bodies home?

That's definitely not the plan!! That's exactly what happened last year... and the last stretch from Rathdrum back into the wind was one of the low points of my year. Seem to remember lots of folk on here felt similarly too. Can only hope it swings around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

If anyone has a moment, I'm seeking some sartorial advice for the big day.

Vote here.

Can't comment on your blog.

My vote - Boards one.

Or if you could get one of these -

http://www.fietsenbeleving.nl/rondevantimkrabbe/cyclesgofftim.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Read my blog! read my blog! Pleeeaaaaaaaaaase reeeeeaaadddd my bleughhhhhh!!![/URL]

niceonetom wrote: »

Well, yeah.

A little inelegant of you to draw attention to it though. Now there's a straight line for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Thought this was on Saturday. Well at least i get to watch the better run of world cup matches tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

think i ll be ignoring the food stops this year and just bringing most of what i want on the way and stopping at shops when needed, cant see it being anything like the mick byrne pinic 200 haha

daragh_ wrote: »

Ooh, nice find. Although I always saw the jersey as slight less aqua marine in my head.

Only Krabbé could get away with those shorts.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Krabbe is still racing. I read a blog by a guy based in the Netherlands who says he regularly shows up at local races.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

whats the earliest you can start lads?

my first sportive, so its all new to me

but id rather start early, then get home for the footy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

whats the earliest you can start lads?

my first sportive, so its all new to me

but id rather start early, then get home for the footy
    Registration starts at 6am, though the Donard stop opens at 9.30am so if you are too quick you'll end up waiting there until it opens.

Forecast for Greystones, Blessington and Arklow all have some rain, so it looks like jackets, overshoes and mudguards will be needed.

• Advertisement

?ui=2&ik=79595e53ef&view=att&th=1292ac7d92ddf279&attid=0.1&disp=thd&zw

I assume we're all just going to pretend that this isn't happening?

The Worst Forecast. I hate weather forecasters - yesterday morning it was supposed to be a beautiful day and now... this. At least the swords spin last weekend was good practice I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

feck it, i've been out in worse. a bit of rain never hurt anyone

iregk wrote: »
    a bit of rain never hurt anyone

Oh, really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

?ui=2&ik=79595e53ef&view=att&th=1292ac7d92ddf279&attid=0.1&disp=thd&zw

I assume we're all just going to pretend that this isn't happening?

You know that we can't view your mailbox right?

So.. those who are going for the 100, what time are you going to start?

AstraMonti wrote: »

Yes, that's exactly why I posted that, so that you couldn't see it.

It was a weather forecast, is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

mfdc wrote: »
    The Worst Forecast. I hate weather forecasters - yesterday morning it was supposed to be a beautiful day and now... this. At least the swords spin last weekend was good practice I guess.

Thats Dublin, Wicklow looks alot better. Showers with 2hrs of rain total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

AstraMonti wrote: »

So.. those who are going for the 100, what time are you going to start?
    Doing the 100 and thinking maybe of getting down there for around 9 or so. Maybe even a bit later. Anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

going to start the 100 sometime after 8, but I'm in Greystones to start with, so its just a matter of rolling out of bed... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

not once does it mention rain in that article so yes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭coolbeans

I'll be driving to Greystones to be there for the 0730 kickoff. If anyone wants a lift let me know. Will be driving from Booterstown but can pick up within a reasonable distance. I won't be using a bike rack so any takers will have to be content with placing their bike on top of mine in the Focus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

Sick I am missing this, Stuck in a hotel watching CNN business Traveller, instead of cycling out in the rain.

Believe it or not, I am not being sarcastic

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

I'm cycling out from Stillorgan and picking up the trail for the 100 in Kilmac. Plan to be there about 7:30.
    L/S Boards jersey. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I'll be heading out about 6 along the N11 and through Bray, you should see a bright red Coifidis jersey speeding that way to make it on time :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Can't do tomorrow so did a good chunk of the route today - in fairness, it already looks like the organisers have listened to last years complaints - the route marking is much better and every confusing junction is marked on the road and with lots of upright signs too. Also , they have put up distance markers every 10K to mark your progress. I just hope they have also sorted out the unnecessary queuing too.
    The roads I travelled are pretty good apart from the road to Glencree via Crone woods which is a bit uneven in stretches and the turn off the N81 after Holywood for a few Km.
    Also - there is a sign warning of potholes at the top of the Shay Eliot - don't let this slow you down , the vast majority of the descent is excellent . There is a couple at the bottom after (almost on) the black and amber marked right hand bend, then its quite bad at the very end before you hit the rathdrum road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

Good luck everyone.
    +1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

Hi Guys
    I'm just about to hit the scratcher but the wife has informed me that she wants to head up to Donard tomorrow with my son to meet up with me and cheer me on.
    Does anyone know how far Donard is from Greystones so I can estimate the time I'll be there at ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

googlemaps should help you out there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I worked it out earlier at somewhere around 80-85k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

Raam wrote: »
    googlemaps should help you out there :)

Thanks Raam. I was just heading off to bed and was hoping that someone would know off the top of their head.

Just as Blowfish did .... thanks Blowfish, much appreciated.

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow

Good night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

No worries, have fun tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Good luck everyone.

Ditto, stay safe too.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

good luck to everyone tommorow! Enjoy it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Wish I could join you but only coming back from injury. Good luck to all and careful on the descents if its wet.

It is far too early to be awake :( Not raining though, long may it continue!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

mfdc wrote: »
    It is far too early to be awake :( Not raining though, long may it continue!!

I hear ya, f'in birds are going nuts outside my window :(

See ya in 2 hours :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,680 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Unfortunately unable to make it today - posting from Dublin Airport on my way have to Miami for a "business conference" (someone has to do it;)) - good luck to everyone taking part

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

My dad is doing this today!

Fair play to you all. Hope its going well. Nice weather anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Raam A Belgian pro in San Marco kit who was expecting warmer weather and myself decided it was too cold and left down the N81. Got a nice little training spin in, wore my fred-tastic kit and still had enough in the legs after yesterday which suprised me.

Weather seems to be picking up now so hopefully all you guys get a good day. It was really miserable going over the Sally Gap, I'm very much a fair weather cyclist.

Looked like the organization jumped up a few notches after last year, more marshalls about, motorbikes, support vehicles (I think).

Advertisement