Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your perfect song...

Options
  • 10-10-2009 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

You are on a desert island with an mp3 player from 1998 that stores exactly one song, what is it?

It needs to be a track that you would never get sick of yet perfectly defines everything you love about music.

mine: Fools Gold

A song that no matter when i hear it sounds as fresh as the first time. I have bands and albums that i prefer but for 9:54 The Stone Roses got every single second right.

Close contenders: The Beatles - A day in the life, Radiohead - Let Down, Michael Jackson - Billie Jean, The Smiths - Stop me if you think you've heard this one before, The Strokes - Trying your luck, Oasis - Live Forever.

And yours?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Elliott Smith - Junk Bond Trader
    Wilco - At Least that's what you said / Theologians.

good thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Suffer Little Children - The Smiths

Just to add to the depression of being stuck on an island with a crap MP3 player :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

The Police- Message in a bottle. :pac:
    No seriously, it's hard to say tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I'm sure my answer would be different tomorrow though. This question is cruel :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 tequilarose24

I know it's two songs but either or:

Fleetwood Mac---Go Your Own Way

T-Rex---Spaceball Ricochet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭silasrat

wild theme(theme from local hero)- mark knopfler

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Probably The Shins - 'New Slang'

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kid V

I could think about this for hours but i think the result would be the same.

'Fireworks' by Animal Collective. The beat, the vocals, the lyrics, the build up, the strange noises. Its timeless. A perfect song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

hmm. Hard question.

Nothing Else Matters - Metallica

I'd say thats the one.
    Although Michael Jackson - Earth Song, Robbie Williams - Grace, Johnny Cash & June Carter - (We are going to) Jackson, Beatles- Help would also go good in there:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Pink Floyd : Echoes. Happy to listen to this anywhere anytime.

• Advertisement
Advertisement