Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theres no point recycling with your green bin!

Options
  • 10-10-2009 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

The green bins go out on the same day as the black ones in my part of balbriggan these days. I had the green and black out front this morning and i could not believe it when i saw the one bin truck go through our road dumping everyones green and black bins into the same one truck???:confused: I mean what is the point in segregating all the recyclables from regular rubbish when its just lashed in together like that? I'm stumped!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

So just because of this (what seems like an) isolated incident we should all stop recycling using our green bin? A bit dramatic don't you think?

You should give your provider a ring, they are usually a helpful bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

i saw this problem before. Its not what it apears. Its got something to do with capacity/storage. There is an oversupply of recycled materials at the moment and the surplus is dumped. You wont get an answer at local level of council you will get a "Whaaaa" but if you investigate further you will

http://www.greenbin.ie/privacy-policy/59.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

does that mean that sticking an €8 tag on one bin is a waste if they're all going to the same place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

to be honest, I would go mad over this.I beieve in recycling, and if there is a surpluse , we should be told about it so we can take our waste somewhere else.I would rather, go to a recycling centre , and put my waste there , then have it put in landfill.
    I dont fully understand why this happened, but I can tell you, Im not happy.I will keep an eye out on firday, thanks for the tip off,cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭rameire

are they possibly using the split truck with space for normal rubbish and space for recycling

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

in my estate the green bins werent collected until nearly 7pm on friday and they seem to have missed a couple of bins, mine included, To me it looks like they just drove into the estate and didnt look too hard - ie to see if because it was so late that some of the bins were behind the cars on the path

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

rameire wrote: »
    are they possibly using the split truck with space for normal rubbish and space for recycling

Unfortunately not! One big jaw for the rubbish:(

Bluetonic wrote: »
    So just because of this (what seems like an) isolated incident we should all stop recycling using our green bin? A bit dramatic don't you think?

Great reply! :confused: People should be aware its happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

My wife claimed that she saw this only last week in our area (black and brown dumped together) and I didn't believe her (much to her annoyance). Perhaps I owe her an apology! :eek: :)

Great reply! :confused: People should be aware its happening!
    So there's no point in recycling with the green bin?

• Advertisement

Bluetonic wrote: »
    So there's no point in recycling with the green bin?

Get a life will ya

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

To be fair, if I thought my green bin efforts were being put in with the poxy black bin stuff I'd be more than a little bit pissed off.

Get a life will ya
    If your going to make rash statements prepare for them to be questioned, and don't feel the need to resort to childishness.

I refute your claim that there is no point in recycling with the green bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

I'm really surprised to read this 'cos this is National Recycling Week (starting today) - been listening to the ads on Newstalk telling us to recycle 'from more rooms' and to clean and squash our recycling, so we can cram more into the Green Bin!!

National Recycling Week

did any one ring fingal or grayhound or what ever they are called about it,
    I not, I might do tomorrow.
    cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

rccaulfield - calm down.

If anyone has a problem with a post - report it.

Thanks,

HB

Hill Billy wrote: »
    rccaulfield - calm down.

If anyone has a problem with a post - report it.

Thanks,

HB

Fair enuf-not sure if bluetonics still goin on as he's on the ignore list.
    Anyway everyone keep an eye out for this as its not good enough all of us making this effort only for all our rubbish to be mixed together like that. I'm giving benefit of the doubt on this one-next time i'll have to complain to fingal coco.

Ok, I rang Fingal Dept of enviroment,a nd they siad , no its not them, could the original tread started , maybe report /question the rubbish company, which ever one it is.I know, this is a public thread and you cant name them , so I will keep an eye on my bins and if you can question this practise with who ever owns the disposal truck.
    cheers , and thanks thanks a million for letting me know about it,
    Cathy:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 march2009

I live in Kilkenny and this happens on a regular basis on our street..doesn't matter which type of rubbish you leave out..they all go into the same truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Some people like myself put a lot of time and effort and energy into recycling and cleaning recyclables.

This is a disgrace.

• Advertisement

cathy01 wrote: »
    Ok, I rang Fingal Dept of enviroment,a nd they siad , no its not them, could the original tread started , maybe report /question the rubbish company, which ever one it is.I know, this is a public thread and you cant name them , so I will keep an eye on my bins and if you can question this practise with who ever owns the disposal truck.
    cheers , and thanks thanks a million for letting me know about it,
    Cathy:)

Hi Cathy, i buy an ordinary bin tag for the fingal coco afaik! I'll get the wife to keep an eye the next bin day and report what she sees! ;)

Advertisement