Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GOW2 ridiculous wait times for matches

• 10-10-2009 1:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

I played GOW2 multiplayer tonight for the first time in months and the wait times to get into a game was five to ten minutes. I can't believe they haven't sorted out this problem nearly a year after it was released! Really put me off playing the game online again.

You wouldn't get this with Halo 3, Battlefield 1943 or CODIV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

maybe theres just nobody playing it any more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Do people here still play?

It's a big game. Halo3 and COD are still atttracting players and they've been out longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I'm up for a game, not tonight (Ireland!!), maybe tomorrow evening. I was playing some firefight with Ali G (don't know his boards username) and it was good fun, if we get a few people for Horde, go for the 50, etc.

EDIT: Gamertag: P1992

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I used to play it the whole time, but the online issues just got ridiculous so packed in playing it. The waiting time was bad, but the bloody lag just got out of control after the last dlc came out.There used to be a few of us that palyed weekly but because of various issues people were having online the nights stopped. Went back playing it a few weeks ago and got frustrated with the online after a few minutes so as far as i'm concerned , I'm done with gears 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

It's such an amazing game when there's no lag. Unfortunately I haven't witnessed such a feat many times on this game.

• Advertisement

Anyone here up for horde tonight?

Or late tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

yeah, the wait time is a joke. Soemtimes youre literally waiting 10 minutes only for it to restart searchign just when it says its found enough players. And the lag is a bitch. Joke of a game online. Gears 1 was never this bad, dont know why they had to **** about with the netcode so much.

silvine wrote: »
    Or late tonight?

Argh, I missed this, sorry didn't check boards!

I'm keen to get the level 50 achievement before consigning this game to the bin. On most evenings after ten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

If it's taking more than a minute to get into a game then you should check your internet connection. At all times of the day I can get a GoW2 multiplayer (or horde) team in under 60 seconds.

I'm on Eircom ADSL, check that you have an open NAT and that your ping times (speedtest.net) are acceptable (should be at the very minimum sub 100ms).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

I really don't find the wait times that bad anymroe, not compared to launch time anyway.
    What annoys me most is the people who play Horde simply for XP and quit after round 10 because it gets alot tougher, but that is when the fun begins.

I never matchmake, primarily because I suck and it's nothing but a shotgun fest.

armour87 wrote: »
    What annoys me most is the people who play Horde simply for XP and quit after round 10 because it gets alot tougher, but that is when the fun begins.

If you're looking for a better horde experience then send me a FR - I normally play Insane horde these days, but if you have the 3 hours needed to finish a map on normal then let me know. If you've 8-10 hours and would like to play insane also let me know, takes a certain person to beat all 50 waves on Insane but if it's something that interests you ...

Post wave 10 Horde on insane is crazy talk.

I do enjoy Hardcore though, but a really good team is needed I'm sure. Had great fun the last DXPWE with all the Sires, wave 10 was nothing but Sires!

But yeah, definetly interested in that. Do you go for highscores aswell?

Yes, I can do hardcore. I swoon at the thought of insane.

I think my NAT is strict at the moment, must go around to all the PCs and assign some IPs.

I am up for hord but not on insane. Have only gotten as far as level 37.

armour87 wrote: »
    Post wave 10 Horde on insane is crazy talk.

crazy!!!! ;)

Insane to 30 is not so bad, slow and steady.
    But yeah, definetly interested in that. Do you go for highscores aswell?

Yes, we have the #2 on Blood Drive and #3 on Jacinto (actually until the hacked scores are removed they're way down but when Epic get their stuff together they should be fixed).

Wow, in the world? Thats mighty impressive. I want in on this! Do love those maps but Security is up there too. Also Sanctuary but I don't actually own the maps.

Well, sorted some of my NAT issues, it's now on moderate. Played Horde with a few randomers there, no hint of lag and it found games much quicker than before.

Unfortunately we have some bizarre filter problem with the broadband here, thank you sky and eircom, so the internet drops whenever the phone rings. This means I can only play late at night.

Anyway, maybe tonight, late-ish? 11 or so?

I won't be on for the next few days unfortunately but add me. GT in sig.

• Advertisement
Advertisement