Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this possible - brand new malfunctioning disc?

• 10-10-2009 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭

Hey all, quick question for the more technical amongst you. I recently got an Xbox. The game that came with it was one I'd played before on the PS3 so I decided to sell it on Ebay. This game was unused and still sealed (as in enclosed in plastic so never even opened). Anyway I sold it succesfully to some guy in Spain, who was delighted with the price and left me positive feedback straight away. A few hours later I come home to two emails, the guy says his Xbox cannot read the disc. That it won't load and he has tried numerous times. Other games, new and old, play perfectly on his console. So I'm trying to think why, as much as whether the onus is on me to refund him. He could be lying (though seems very genuine and goes into depth on problem), or only other thing I can think of is that because his Xbox is (presumably) of Spanish origin and my one is of Irish origin (though they could have come from anywhere). If other games are working this presumably means the lens is not dirty, and both Xbox's take PAL games. Any insight appreciated and also would you refund the guy in my shoes?:o Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

When I got my xbox it came with a few free games. PGR4 was one of them. I had to exchange it twice in the same day to get a working version. Each one was brand new. I haven't had a problem since with any discs. So it does happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Personally would refund if he returned the game at his cost and i tested it as not working

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

zero19 wrote: »
    Personally would refund if he returned the game at his cost and i tested it as not working

Well normally I would do this, but it seems highly unlikely (admittedly not impossible). Grr annoying I had the money spent already in my head, now I did state no returns in the sale conditions, but I dislike ripping people off (assuming he is genuine).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Get him to try it in a mates machine if it still doesnt work the right thing would be to take it back.

Advertisement