Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Photography

Options
  • 10-10-2009 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hey took some photos of the game between bohs v drogheda on the 09/10/09 and just wanted some feedback on these images and any tips on gear i can get or just how i can improve my work...have a canon 400D and was using a 300mm f/2.8 lens! beware this was only my second game. cheers!! :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/con_con87/
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Great name/programme your named after!

Interesting you use a very very expensive lens and a very basic Camera....

Pics need to be embedded here for a better C&C tbh...
    I hate Flickr.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Some nice photos there.

But, they're very dark. You should be able to adjust that in your PP. Shooting raw will give you some more scope with that rather than just shooting jpg.

Some picts from the game I was at last night.

Crowded out

3996979191_8d7da16840.jpg

Free Kick

3996978973_50b248657c.jpg

Goal

3996978703_c5220f60df.jpg

Celebrate

3996978463_97651767ce.jpg

Taken down

3996978249_d876915c10.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Love 3 and 5 Paul, 4 wins the Bronze. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

My pics from last night may never see the light of day. 6-0, for the love of God. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

Anouilh wrote: »

You'll find much better advice here on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

whyulittle wrote: »
    My pics from last night may never see the light of day. 6-0, for the love of God. :(

At least we were the opposite end to get any photographic evidence of the goals :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Hey took some photos of the game between bohs v drogheda on the 09/10/09 and just wanted some feedback on these images and any tips on gear i can get or just how i can improve my work...have a canon 400D and was using a 300mm f/2.8 lens! beware this was only my second game. cheers!! :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/con_con87/

You were not in the stadium of light. Agree with PaulW they are a bit dark but some nice photos therr. Keep going to matchs and keep practising and the results will improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 alanpartridge47

Paulw wrote: »
    Some nice photos there.

But, they're very dark. You should be able to adjust that in your PP. Shooting raw will give you some more scope with that rather than just shooting jpg.

Thanks for the comment Paul!:) I was shooting on 1/400 at f/2.8 on iso 1600. would setting the shutter speed lower help make them brighter or even the iso???

• Advertisement

Thanks for the comment Paul!:) I was shooting on 1/400 at f/2.8 on iso 1600. would setting the shutter speed lower help make them brighter or even the iso???

If you set your shutter speed lower you may end up with motion blur. Upping your ISO may give much more noise (depending on the camera).

It's a compromise and a trade off.

Trial and error, and knowing your camera is the only way to go.

But yes, either (lower shutter speed and/or higher ISO) will make the images brighter.

Or, you can add brightness in whatever software you use to process your images (Photoshop, Elements, Lightroom, etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 27 alanpartridge47

Paulw wrote: »
    If you set your shutter speed lower you may end up with motion blur. Upping your ISO may give much more noise (depending on the camera).

It's a compromise and a trade off.

Trial and error, and knowing your camera is the only way to go.

But yes, either (lower shutter speed and/or higher ISO) will make the images brighter.

Or, you can add brightness in whatever software you use to process your images (Photoshop, Elements, Lightroom, etc).

Thanx a mill Paul! Best photography advice I've ever been given! Cheers mate. :D

Advertisement