Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGU 1x01/2/3 "Air" **SPOILERS** Full Premiere Discussion

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I really liked the last scene. It was very obviously a 'WTF' moment, but they handled it like there was nothing major about it - no break in the soundtrack at all. Quite liked the way they didn't reveal what happened to the 2 that went through that Stargate; it will obviously be followed up later on in the season.

It had a very Firefly feel to that, for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Awesome end to the pilot. The two scientists going though the worm hole is very intereting. I'd love to find out what happened, but maybe its better if its left up in the air.

The music at the end was very well done. And the teaser alien ship, fantastic.

I will def be watching the series.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Overheal wrote: »
    SG1
    There werent asgard ships at that battle there were Free Jaffa Motherships and Deadaulus class battleships in the form of Odyssey and the Kruschev (iirc the name)

But at the same time, why The Hammond couldnt defeat the Aschen Alliance motherships is beyond me. It was no doubt armed to the teeth with the latest beam weaponry. We saw none of that. But hopefully the producers realised having them on earth ships was a bit tacky (fire phasers!) and went back to good awl' railguns and missile batteries. bless.

edit: found a reason for my above question. Atlantis
    The Last Man (an alternate timeline episode) The Phoenix was rushed into service with few of the Asgard subsystems operable. So, back in the regular timeline, this would still be true of the Phoenix (later renamed the Gorge Hammond, in his honor) and the Asgard subsystems would not be fully operable during the Battle at Icarus. This would also hint that the Battle at Icarus happened sometime shortly after the end of Atlantis, in 2008.

There was 1 Asgard ship at the Ori gate. And its the Lucian Alliance and the Aschen Confederation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Overheal wrote: »
    edit: found a reason for my above question. Atlantis
    The Last Man (an alternate timeline episode) The Phoenix was rushed into service with few of the Asgard subsystems operable. So, back in the regular timeline, this would still be true of the Phoenix (later renamed the Gorge Hammond, in his honor) and the Asgard subsystems would not be fully operable during the Battle at Icarus. This would also hint that the Battle at Icarus happened sometime shortly after the end of Atlantis, in 2008.

wait. In the last episode of SGU
    When they where asembling their fleet to meet the wraith ship they listed several vessels mentioning that the chinese ship (dont remember name) was being rused into service and that 1 ship was on some classafied mission that noone was supoposed to know about and we alll tried to guess what it was. Was that ship not the phionex?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,629 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I thought that was the Odyssey.
    idk you can check the gate wiki to be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Sun Tzu was the Chinese BC-304.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,629 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It would have been Odyssey. Enemy at the Gate coincided with Ark of Truth on the timeline.

Advertisement