Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting you know he needs to go?

Options
  • 10-10-2009 9:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Sorry if this has been up before.

Was wondering how does your dog let you know he needs to go outside if he is inside?

I have a beautiful Golden retriever and he has taken to coming to me lifting his paw and nudging me and then walking to the back door and sits looking at it. It is just so funny to see, he is just short of saying "open the door please!":p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Our Papillon wanders to the back door and bats at the blind to be let out. Or if he really needs to get out urgently he jumps at the front door before running to the back door. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Golden retriever
    Stands at the door and starts pawing the ground gently
    Just his own little trait

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Snabe

we have a labrador collie cross.
    he sits at the back door staring at us when he wants to go out. if we don't notice then he'll lean on the blinds on the door to rattle them and get our attention:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

maroongael wrote: »
    please
    mikemac wrote: »
    gently

Oh how I envy you :D

We used to have two polite, gentle dogs like that ....until our Terrier arrived.

She starts off with a quiet whinge, by the time you've lifted your backside off the chair she's in a barking frenzy and by the time you've reached the back door she's ignited the others and there's a barking, yelping, howling frenzy of dogs that explodes out the back door in a wall of noise. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 MKMaguire

Our black & white 'Heinz Variety' collie dog, and at 6 years of age, will use the 'cat flaps' to get out!! When in sitting room she stands/sits by the TV looking at you. And it works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

She sits at the door and "talks"- mad sounding "wrawwwwr" sounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭MacBaldy

my parents have just got a golden retriever 8 weeks now, we have the puppy pads an seems to be getting used to them, dont want to leave him out in back to often as he does not have hes full injections, post a pic soon also with my bichon frise me an my gf are getting next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭smilerf

my westie will climb on ur leg and scratch to b left out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Mine comes over and gives "the look". If it doesnt get an immediate response i get sighs and little whisper barks "ruuff ruff!"

Its so cute the way theyre able to "ask" for what they want.

Advertisement