Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Gold Membership

Options
  • 10-10-2009 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭

Alright lads and lasses, just wondering where the cheapest place to purchase a 12 month subscription to XBL is? Be it on the internet or a games store? I'm looking for instant delivery, and if possible, if it's an internet based source, for them to take Laser or 3V Card.

Also, on a side note, I'm wondering where the cheapest place to purchase Fifa 10 is now? Preferablly I'd like to be able to purchase the XBL Membership and Fifa 10 for under about €80, optimistic I know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

try http://www.live-codes.com/.28.99 sterling for a year membership.Think its 60 euro in the shops here.they email you a pic of the card within minutes of you buying it EDIT:just noticed they is sold out!

Cant help ye with fifa but would recommend pro evolution soccer instead:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

+1 for live codes , with the way the pound is now theres no better time.

and heres a promo code for .50p off RENEW999 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

Yup go to Live-codes for the membership- €35, Tesco for Fifa- €35, tenner in your pocket for a few tinnies when ya get going!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Just got my 13 month subscription for €35 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Anyone know when they will have them back in stock??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Raoul wrote: »

I'm looking for that information too please lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Just keep checking every few days lads.
    They were all out on Fri and Sat last week. I then checked late on Sunday night and they were back in stock.
    Well worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,422 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Wow, just used it there and it's so fast and easy, esp if you use google marketplace

Raoul wrote: »

They have them back in stock now mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

http://www.xboxlivememberships.co.uk/Memberships.html
    12 MONTH £26.49
    13 MONTH £29.49

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

DingDong wrote: »
    have to prove your paypal thing by entering a UK postcode. thats ****ing stupid. anyone have any experience with these guys anyway, or know how to get it? the price is pretty competitive...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

live codes is a lot easier mate i tried xboxmembership site got no wher no that i tried very hard

Another reccomendation for Live Codes here, absolutely fantastic service, I didn't even have enough time to step away from my computer before they had emailed me my code.

13 months of XBL for €35, cracking value and service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    have to prove your paypal thing by entering a UK postcode. thats ****ing stupid. anyone have any experience with these guys anyway, or know how to get it? the price is pretty competitive...
    It was a friend in the UK who told me about that site said he used it no problems. Haven't tried it yet myself did you give BT11AA a shot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

Does anyone know if Live subscription cards are region locked? I've read some conflicting views around the web. Say if I was to buy a 12 month subscription card from ebay US, would it work with an Irish Live account on a PAL console?

Dr.Slurm wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Live subscription cards are region locked? I've read some conflicting views around the web. Say if I was to buy a 12 month subscription card from ebay US, would it work with an Irish Live account on a PAL console?
    they are not. microsoft point cards ARE though. there is European and US.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 agriffin

You can forget about live codes if you haven't allready purchased from them.
    they have just introduced telephone verification and is uk only.

"Unfortunately looks like our telephone verification only works in the United Kingdom. Yes it is a new security feature we added at the weekend. Unfortunately some customers ruin it for the majority of us. This new telephone system will not effect previous customers, they will not be prompted for telephone verification.
    Thanks,

Live-Codes Support Team."

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Ah nuts. Buying a 360 over the next couple of weeks and was going to use live-codes. What's with the phone verification? Can I give my mate's number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

Just bought a 12 month subscription on ebay for €29. They emailed me the code about a minute after I payed and it worked fine. They've got about 70 left if anyones interested.

Link:
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/XBOX-360-LIVE-GOLD-12-MONTH-MEMBERSHIP-SUBSCRIPTION_W0QQitemZ300358831847QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN?hash=item45eec80ee7#ht_1907wt_1165

Just bought a 12 month subscription on ebay for €29. They emailed me the code about a minute after I payed and it worked fine. They've got about 70 left if anyones interested.

Link:
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/XBOX-360-LIVE-GOLD-12-MONTH-MEMBERSHIP-SUBSCRIPTION_W0QQitemZ300358831847QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN?hash=item45eec80ee7#ht_1907wt_1165
    just bought from him myself. got the email in less than a minute and it works. thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I just came on here to post about the a1 gaming fella on ebay.
    I'm just came across him.. gonna use him now

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

I used these today, fast service. http://www.ibay24.co.uk/ although it looks dodgy it's fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Lenny wrote: »

Seems to be sold out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Bought mine from Game Points Now, I think it was £35 for 12 months.

https://www.gamepointsnow.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

agriffin wrote: »
    You can forget about live codes if you haven't allready purchased from them.
    they have just introduced telephone verification and is uk only.

"Unfortunately looks like our telephone verification only works in the United Kingdom. Yes it is a new security feature we added at the weekend. Unfortunately some customers ruin it for the majority of us. This new telephone system will not effect previous customers, they will not be prompted for telephone verification.
    Thanks,

Live-Codes Support Team."

Just order a subscription with google checkout not problems and their website says in little pictures ...uk and europe and one says worldwide

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Lenny wrote: »
    Looking at the A1 Gaming fella's listing now, it says
    These codes are for use in the UK only

Please do not purchase if you live outside the UK

Has his listings always said that?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

hmm, not too sure, here the link to my winning bid
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300358831847

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭privateBeavis

Got my subscription here a few days ago for £29.99:
    http://www.gamesbite.com/xbox-live-gold-12--month-gold--digital-delivery-3-p.asp so worked out less than €35 via paypal.
    Striaght after I purchased it I got the code of the card via the live chat thing so was very fast!
    So only thing that upset me was the fact I bought last years subscription via the xbox at €59.99 ouch! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

Link:
    byte wrote: »
    Looking at the A1 Gaming fella's listing now, it says
    These codes are for use in the UK only

Please do not purchase if you live outside the UK
    Has his listings always said that?

Just bought a 3 month subscription (~€12.42) from this guy (I don't live in the UK btw). Same as; I got the code in an email within a minute. Redeemed it and works fine. Thanks poster.

Edit: Worked for me, but:
    byte wrote: »
    Actually, I tried a while ago and got this error
    This seller has set buyer requirements for this item and only sells to buyers who meet those requirements.
    You are unable to bid on or buy this item because:
    #
    You are registered in a country to which the seller doesn't post to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭howiya

center15 wrote: »
    I used these today, fast service. http://www.ibay24.co.uk/ although it looks dodgy it's fine!

I used this one too and it worked fine. €32 for twelve months

Advertisement