Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Gold Membership

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

I renewed using a code from here http://cheapxboxlivecodes.com/xbox-live-gold-subscription-codes/cheap-12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-subscription/

It was £25.99 through paypal, got some ms points as well, all worked fine.

You can buy renewals in the regular stores now for €49.99 why is microsoft still charging €59.99 for the automatic one?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Takk wrote: »
    Just bought a 3 month subscription (~€12.42) from this guy (I don't live in the UK btw). Same as; I got the code in an email within a minute. Redeemed it and works fine. Thanks poster.
    Actually, I tried a while ago and got this error
    This seller has set buyer requirements for this item and only sells to buyers who meet those requirements.
    You are unable to bid on or buy this item because:
    #
    You are registered in a country to which the seller doesn't post to.

Anyway, ordered from link posted by dloob above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

I never trusted those sites selling the cards and sending them via email but ebay.co.uk do the same thing and your protected by paypal that way

£26 for 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

I'd recommend http://cgi.ebay.ie/Xbox-360-Live-Gold-Subscription-12-Month_W0QQitemZ290368508408QQihZ019QQcategoryZ112846QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem based on my experiences. Code emailed to me promptly (within minutes), with the offer of postage if I wanted it, and it worked fine. Currency conversion made it less than €30 for the 12 month subscription. Another mate of mine bought from the same seller after hearing about my dealing, and he was also very happy with it. He also has the rarity of 100% positive feedback, and a large number of sales to his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Lab_Mouse wrote: »

anyone have trouble with these guys, i bought the 12 month sub earlier today, got a confirmation off google checkout, but no code via email. Tried the resend option, still no joy. not in spam folder either...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Gryzor wrote: »
    anyone have trouble with these guys, i bought the 12 month sub earlier today, got a confirmation off google checkout, but no code via email. Tried the resend option, still no joy. not in spam folder either...

Got my code off them two months ago, no problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

Gryzor wrote: »

Did mine the other day. No problem very fast indeed. In the email from google click "how do i check this order" it brings you to a page and tells you where livecodes sent their confirmation. There was option when I was checking out from google if they should handle communication or let livecodes email me at my email address directly. Hope this helps but reading back over it I am not too sure.

yeah, i checked the address they sent it to, its spot on. I tried to send it to an alternate address, but got a complaint about my post code. I've emailed them about it, waiting on a reply...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

bought one off them the weekend and got it straight away

strange, just got an email from googlecheckout, Live-codes have cancelled my order with a full refund...no reason given :rolleyes:....feck em, ebay here i come..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Twodogs

Dr.Slurm wrote: »
    Just bought a 12 month subscription on ebay for €29. They emailed me the code about a minute after I payed and it worked fine. They've got about 70 left if anyones interested.

Link:
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/XBOX-360-LIVE-GOLD-12-MONTH-MEMBERSHIP-SUBSCRIPTION_W0QQitemZ300358831847QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN?hash=item45eec80ee7#ht_1907wt_1165

Quick and easy, €30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Dr.Slurm wrote: »
    Just bought a 12 month subscription on ebay for €29. They emailed me the code about a minute after I payed and it worked fine. They've got about 70 left if anyones interested.

Link:
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/XBOX-360-LIVE-GOLD-12-MONTH-MEMBERSHIP-SUBSCRIPTION_W0QQitemZ300358831847QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN?hash=item45eec80ee7#ht_1907wt_1165

Does this lad definitely email the code, it says on his description it's by post only??

Does this lad definitely email the code, it says on his description it's by post only??

eBay doesn't allow the sale of stuff through email, so they have to say that. They all email them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Can these guys be trusted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

Can these guys be trusted?

With ebay you are protected via paypal and the people who do it, some have about 9000 positive comments just for selling these cards.

smk89 wrote: »
    With ebay you are protected via paypal and the people who do it, some have about 9000 positive comments just for selling these cards.
    So in short yes they can be trusted , thanks ,
    it's amazing the difference in price , seems too good too be true but worth a try if paypal covers me

dloob wrote: »
    I renewed using a code from here http://cheapxboxlivecodes.com/xbox-live-gold-subscription-codes/cheap-12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-subscription/

It was £25.99 through paypal, got some ms points as well, all worked fine.

You can buy renewals in the regular stores now for €49.99 why is microsoft still charging €59.99 for the automatic one?
    just used these , emailed me the code within minutes worked no problem.
    worked out at 29.58

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

worked out at 29.58

Just got an new code form them myself as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

nice my live membership is about to run out.. think ill try ebay.. this time last year i got mine for half price too as the store i bought it in was closing.. im glad i spotted this as i was about to go bargin hunting for one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Mine's is out next week so may get a new one too. Yoink! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

quick question, how do these guys afford to sell these for half price? surely MS aren't giving them below €30?? are these actually legit since you only get the code?? or is there something odd going on? don't want to get a console ban!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

00sully wrote: »
    quick question, how do these guys afford to sell these for half price? surely MS aren't giving them below €30?? are these actually legit since you only get the code?? or is there something odd going on? don't want to get a console ban!

The likes of HMV sell these same codes for about 45 euro regularly, and I'm sure they're making a decent profit (quite possibly purchasing at well under 30 euro a piece!), so I'd wager these people are buying them through similar channels, and just including much less markup on them when they sell them on. Obviously I can't vouch 100%, but I'm confident enough in them to have bought one myself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Hi guys,

I am selling codes on ebay for €34.99 if anyone is interested. Please click on my link in my sig if you are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

but ya can get them for 29.30 of anothere dude on ebay unless u can sell them at that price its no dice my friend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

naughto wrote: »
    but ya can get them for 29.30 of anothere dude on ebay unless u can sell them at that price its no dice my friend

Ok

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

ok u will sell them at that price or ok **** off naughto and stop annoying me.ill buy one off u for 29 as my sub is up in a few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 tommylaws

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    try http://www.live-codes.com/.28.99 sterling for a year membership.Think its 60 euro in the shops here.they email you a pic of the card within minutes of you buying it EDIT:just noticed they is sold out!

Cant help ye with fifa but would recommend pro evolution soccer instead:pac:
    Cheers, just topped up my membership with a 12month (£28.99) Code emailed instantly!

Deffo bookmarking this site for future reference, their points are only £16.99 too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

A couple of the links that have been posted here, such as Live-Codes etc were out of stock when I went to buy a 12 month code on Sunday. Also the ebay link was sold out.

So I did a search for Xbox Live on ebay and bought off the first search item return. Price was £27.27 and I clicked buy at about 16:00. I got a reply via email at 19:20 looking for confirmation of valid email address. I didn't get it till later, so replied at 10:50. I got the code in a second email at 11:40.

Overall pretty happy with the price and the service.

However, in the emails the seller sent, he has a sig with this link. http://www.affordablexboxlive.com/

Price there is £25.95 which is fantastic. I haven't gone through the process there, so not sure if is PayPal but I can certainly vouch for them through Ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

worked out at 29.58

Ordered one there a few minutes ago. Just waiting on the email...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I am selling codes on ebay for €34.99 if anyone is interested. Please click on my link in my sig if you are interested.

Just bought one off Duffff-Man. Quick and easy. Thanks again man.

Advertisement