Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDN your position as a mod is untenable

Options
  • 10-10-2009 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

hi there,
    I posted a reply to this thread, and PDN has deleted it.

I appealed to the other mods on christianity and of course fanny replied "It is evident to me that your post was not acceptable, and therefore PDN was perfectly correct in the decision to delete it. "

This is not right.

The OP is asking a direct question to me. Just because PDN disagree's with how I feel.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055697628

PDN how dare you remove my post, I am catholic, that gives me every right to post.

Anyway here is my post again

I suppose that if I found out the religion I was born into nearly 40 years ago, had covered up horrendous crimes and refused to do anything about it for 70 years, until they were forced into doing so.

And after that the guilty parties were never punished, and they got to keep all their assets, and crimes still go on.

And

A church that makes up their own rules, dresses people in fancy clothes, in fancy buildings, invents terms like Limbo and Pergatory (destroying the lives of people that lost young babies, and my favourite Penances....,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

hi there,
    I posted a reply to this thread, and PDN has deleted it.

I appealed to the other mods on christianity and of course fanny replied "It is evident to me that your post was not acceptable, and therefore PDN was perfectly correct in the decision to delete it. "

This is not right.

The OP is asking a direct question to me. Just because PDN disagree's with how I feel.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055697628

PDN how dare you remove my post, I am catholic, that gives me every right to post.

Anyway here is my post again

I suppose that if I found out the religion I was born into nearly 40 years ago, had covered up horrendous crimes and refused to do anything about it for 70 years, until they were forced into doing so.

And after that the guilty parties were never punished, and they got to keep all their assets, and crimes still go on.

And

A church that makes up their own rules, dresses people in fancy clothes, in fancy buildings, invents terms like Limbo and Pergatory (destroying the lives of people that lost young babies, and my favourite Penances....,

The thread in question was a 'Christian Response Only' discussion. You wanted to turn it into a rant against the Catholic Church. As a moderator I am under no obligation to indulge your whims. So I deleted your message as it clearly does not come under the category of Christian Responses.

You then proceeded to indulge in some backseat modding and sent an abusive PM, for which you were banned.

If I let the likes of you get away with such muppetry then I would certainly agree that my exalted and well-remunerated position as a mod would be untenable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭dragonsgates

Can an Admin please look at this.

I do not believe that PDN can be trusted with being a MOD any longer and I formally request that an ADMIN will investigate his behaviour in general.

The OP asked a question asking what would push christians away.

I am a catholic, who has been disgusted by the actions of the church, that gives me every right to reply to this post.

I did not send you an abusive PM. I simply asked you not to be an arsehole about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It was a thread for Christian replies only, and you seem to be trying to rally against either the church, or religion somehow, seeming very ranty and upsetting the peace of the Christian community that PDN is entrusted with keeping.

You may be Catholic by birth, but you aren't a practicing catholic are you?
    I agree that there is a tiny, minute, immeasurable possibility that there could be a God - creator - designer etc, but surely if there was and I mean a big IF, he was only responsible for the initial big bang and nothing else.
    Maybe you should try the Atheism and Agnosticism forum instead.

Your posts should stay removed in my opinion.

Gordon wrote: »
    It was a thread for Christian replies only, and you seem to be trying to rally against either the church, or religion somehow, seeming very ranty and upsetting the peace of the Christian community that PDN is entrusted with keeping.

You may be Catholic by birth, but you aren't a practicing catholic are you?

Maybe you should try the Atheism and Agnosticism forum instead.

Your posts should stay removed in my opinion.

Thank you for the reply Gordon.

I am definitely not a practising catholic, but as I was brainwashed from my baptism the church still counts me as one of there's, so I will always have a right to speak about how I feel as an indoctrinated catholic. The OP specifically asked a question, and I replied why I hate the church. How can anyone with any conscience or morals still tolerate their BS.

PDN will close any thread that could maybe encourage believers to ask more questions about their beliefs. I cannot tolerate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The Christianity forum is a place where like-minded Christians can enjoy and grow a community, this is the common goal in practically all fora on boards.ie - growth and enjoyment. If you start stamping around shouting about how bad the beliefs of the community are, how wrong they are, and how their conscience and morals are BS - you will be shown the door. And quite rightly so, as you will be making the community forum less enjoyable and you will be attempting to disrupt and interfere with the community if you pull that kind of activity.

• Advertisement

The Christianity forum is a place where like-minded Christians can enjoy and grow a community, this is the common goal in practically all fora on boards.ie - growth and enjoyment. If you start stamping around shouting about how bad the beliefs of the community are, how wrong they are, and how their conscience and morals are BS - you will be shown the door. And quite rightly so, as you will be making the community forum less enjoyable and you will be attempting to disrupt and interfere with the community if you pull that kind of activity.

Please address this.

The OP specifically asked a question about what would make you lose your faith, and I replied truthfully about why mine has gone.

What rule did I break.

You have not addressed the MOD issue.

PDN is unsuitable as a MOD and should be removed.

Please address this.

The OP specifically asked a question about what would make you lose your faith, and I replied truthfully about why mine has gone.

What rule did I break.

You have not addressed the MOD issue.

PDN is unsuitable as a MOD and should be removed.

You broke the rule that a thread was designated for Christian responses only. You can't have your cake and eat it. Either you are a Christian or you are not. You can't claim to be a Christian here and then post a load of stuff in the A&A forum about how Christians are all imbeciles who should be forcibly sterilised.

You also broke the rule in the Charter that says Christians should not have to defend their beliefs against attacks.

You also broke the rule about back seat modding when you tried to discuss my moderating decisions inthread.

You also broke the rule that says you shouldn't send abusive PMs.

You have now been banned from the A&A forum because you broke the rules there as well.

There's an old saying that goes, "If you can smell crap everywhere you go then maybe you should inspect your own pants before you go accusing anyone else."

You clearly have problems. Ranting about me is not going to help you deal with them.

PDN wrote: »
    You broke the rule that a thread was designated for Christian responses only. You can't have your cake and eat it. Either you are a Christian or you are not. You can't claim to be a Christian here and then post a load of stuff in the A&A forum about how Christians are all imbeciles who should be forcibly sterilised.

Once again PDN you position is untenable.

The catholic church still counts me as a member and that means that I can post whatever I want about them.

That piece about imbeciles is a quotation from WANGO.
    You also broke the rule in the Charter that says Christians should not have to defend their beliefs against attacks.

What attack
    You also broke the rule about back seat modding when you tried to discuss my moderating decisions inthread.

PDN seriously, you are the most bigoted, and close minded of the Mods, you are worse than Fanny and as delusional as Jackass. You make terrible modding decision, you are not impartial enough to be a MOD.
    You also broke the rule that says you shouldn't send abusive PMs.

I asked you simply not to behave like an arsehole, thats not abusive, abusive is me saying directly eg. "PDN .. you are an Arsehole"
    You have now been banned from the A&A forum because you broke the rules there as well.

Thats none of your business, are you a Mod on A+A. Another example of your impartiality.
    There's an old saying that goes, "If you can smell crap everywhere you go then maybe you should inspect your own pants before you go accusing anyone else."

I'm sure those delusional books you read and blab on about have a saying to suit every cliche imaginable. No idea what you mean by it but having read a lot of your other posts there is no surprise.[/quote]
    You clearly have problems. Ranting about me is not going to help you deal with them.

You should not be a moderator plain and simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

The catholic church still counts me as a member and that means that I can post whatever I want about them.

I'm sorry for jumping in on this thread, but I saw this and alarm bells went off.

You can NOT say what you like about any one or organisation on this website. There is no freedom of speech in Ireland and we (the site), not you (the member of our site who has said) are subjected to several laws in relation to libel and defamation in relation to the content our members create.

I suggest if you feel this strongly about the RC church, you should have yourself removed from their records - Count Me Out can help you.

Dav wrote: »
    I'm sorry for jumping in on this thread, but I saw this and alarm bells went off.

You can NOT say what you like about any one or organisation on this website. There is no freedom of speech in Ireland and we (the site), not you (the member of our site who has said) are subjected to several laws in relation to libel and defamation in relation to the content our members create.

I suggest if you feel this strongly about the RC church, you should have yourself removed from their records - Count Me Out can help you.

Thanks Dav for the reply.

There is no issue in relation to libel and defamation with what I said, it was all true.

Please see the thread we are talking about.

What would it take for you to lose your faith or belief in God? (Christians only)

I have answered these questions as such.

And

Now as a documented catholic, in the eyes of your God, I am still a christian through baptism and confirmation.

PDN you MUST agree with this.

It would be irrelevant in gods eyes that I used countmeout.ie.

Therefore the answer I have given is exactly how I feel about the church. Its specifically because PDN does not agree with what I say that he binned the post.

PDN should not be a moderator plain and simple.

Here is the original question.

What would it take for you to lose your faith or belief in God? (Christians only) EDIT: Updated questions:
    • What has negatively or postively impacted your trust in God? (tragedy, blessing, unanswered prayers, answered prayers, loss of direction in life, inspiration, etc)
    • What has negatively or postively impacted your belief in God? (difficult Bible passages, the beautiful truth of the Bible, lack of evidence, obvious evidence, miracles)

Original questions:
    • What would it take for you to lose your faith in God?
    • What would it take for you to lose your belief in God?

Well, that's all for now.
    Looking forward to your responses.
    Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.
    31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

God believes in atheists (Isaiah 29:16)
    ...for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?

"no comment" - poster's paradox

• Advertisement

Now as a documented catholic, in the eyes of your God, I am still a christian through baptism and confirmation.

PDN you MUST agree with this.

Why MUST I agree with what the Catholic Church says? I couldn't give too hoots what baptism and documentation says. I certainly have no such documentation since I have not, nor never have been, connected with the Catholic Church in any shape or form.
    Therefore the answer I have given is exactly how I feel about the church. Its specifically because PDN does not agree with what I say that he binned the post.
    Actually I do agree what you say. My own opinion is that the Catholic Church is an irrelevant joke, that it has invented limbo and purgatory, and that it's record concerning child abuse is shameful. I would shed no tears if the Catholic Church ceased to exist tomorrow - indeed I would see its demise as one of the most positive developments in Christianity for the last 2000 years.

However, my personal feelings about the Catholic Church are not the issue here. As moderator of the Christianity forum my job is to implement the Charter, and to protect Christians of all varieties (including catholics) from unreasonable attacks and from trolls. That is why I deleted your post.
    PDN should not be a moderator plain and simple.
    To be honest I think the issue here is not whether I should be a moderator. The issue is more whether you should be a poster.

You've been posting on boards.ie for three months, with 107 posts to your name, and you've managed to earn infractions in three separate fora and you've got yourself banned from two of them. You are showing all the characteristics of a troll.

You broke the rule that a thread was designated for Christian responses only.
    Why MUST I agree with what the Catholic Church says? I couldn't give too hoots what baptism and documentation says.

The catholic church still counts me as a christian .
    Actually I do agree what you say. My own opinion is that the Catholic Church is an irrelevant joke, that it has invented limbo and purgatory, and that it's record concerning child abuse is shameful. I would shed no tears if the Catholic Church ceased to exist tomorrow - indeed I would see its demise as one of the most positive developments in Christianity for the last 2000 years.

Why remove the post then? There is no issue in relation to libel and defamation with what I said, it was all true.
    To be honest I think the issue here is not whether I should be a moderator. The issue is more whether you should be a poster.

Well then I am very thankful you do not have that power.

So in the end you had no reason to bin my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Why remove the post then? There is no issue in relation to libel and defamation with what I said, it was all true.

It is not about what you feel is correct.

it is about what the moderator, and more importantly, me, feel is appropriate or inappropriate to this particular forum.

This forum is not a soapbox for your opinions, and they do not have to allow them if they do not want.

The moderators role is to allow discussion and debate.

If you feel this is unfair, then my friend, you may have to get used to that feeling.

Moderator may continue to do exactly as they are doing, and has all the right on this site to ban you if you continue to be a nuisance and a disturbance on that forum.

The catholic church still counts me as a christian .
    I don't care. The Catholic Church can make up rules for their own members, but they don't make up the rules for the Christianity forum.
    Because my opinion of the Catholic Church is completely irrelevant. It has already been explained to you by myself, by another moderator of the forum, and by an Admin, that your post was inappropriate in a thread marked for Christian responses only. What bit of that do you not understand?
    Well then I am very thankful you do not have that power.
    In the Christianity forum I do have the power.
    So in the end you had no reason to bin my post.
    Jesus wept!

We seem to be ignoring some points here
    It was a thread for Christian replies only.

I am a christian.

This forum is not a soapbox for your opinions

What is a forum for then?

The OP specifically asked a question

What would it take for you to lose your faith or belief in God? (Christians only) EDIT: Updated questions:
    • What has negatively or postively impacted your trust in God? (tragedy, blessing, unanswered prayers, answered prayers, loss of direction in life, inspiration, etc)
    • What has negatively or postively impacted your belief in God? (difficult Bible passages, the beautiful truth of the Bible, lack of evidence, obvious evidence, miracles)
    read this "negatively or postively"
    I don't care. The Catholic Church can make up rules for their own members, but they don't make up the rules for the Christianity forum.

So are catholics christians? if not what are we.
    In the Christianity forum I do have the power.
    Good for you, this statement is the reason you should not be a mod.
    The Christianity forum is a place where like-minded Christians can enjoy and grow a community,

If you start stamping around shouting about how bad the beliefs of the community are, how wrong they are, and how their conscience and morals are BS - you will be shown the door.

One rule for us.

You've been posting on boards.ie for three months, with 107 posts to your name, and you've managed to earn infractions in three separate fora and you've got yourself banned from two of them.

None of your business what happens on other threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

IM sorry. You seemed to have mis understood what I wrote.

There is no debate.

Moderator may continue to remove your posts, and you, from the forum if they deem you to be disruptive.

What you deem to be disruptive and what the mod deem to be disruptive may be different levels.

End of discussion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement